“A Classic”

Batcheller Mansion Inn
Reviewed 4 March 2013

This was our first trip to The Batcheller Mansion, and it wont be our last. Stunning 19th century architecture, woodworking and furnishings. First rate accommodations and dining. The location is convenient to all downtown shops, restaurants. Just beware the rates skyrocket in the prime racing season, so plan your trip accordingly. you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Stayed one night in standard room, and one in deluxe room. either one is a good deal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steve P

Reviewed 1 March 2013

We were very excited to stay here during the 2012 Saratoga Springs Invitational (crew). The location of the Inn is wonderful as it is central to everything, the building and its furnishings are beautiful and the breakfast would have been fabulous if we did not have to leave for the Regatta site at 5:30 am before the staff started offering their cooked to order breakfasts.

However, the one experience which ruined our stay was the occupants of a room right above ours. During the second night, a group of young women (not on any teams or they would have not been allowed to roam around until the wee hours) arrived in the hotel around 2 AM and went upstairs noisily. They immediately started to run a race around their room (not joking about this) and put a noisy alarm that they could not turn off outside in the hallway. Finally at 3:15 am I could no longer bear it. I was not sure where the manager's room was located. He had told me that he resides in the lower level/basement and I am sure he could not hear what was happening on the third floor (we were on the 2nd floor). When I went upstairs to complain I met some young women in their early 20's who seemed to be dancing in their room. They immediately quieted down when I told them to calm down but I could not fall back sleep and was extremely tired the entire day.
The next day when I told the manager about this incident he did not ask for any details and seemed to have no interest in the matter. If you decide to stay in this hotel, you should make sure you know where the manager is so that he can take responsibility for unruly and wild groups staying in the hotel.
My rating would've been a 5 had I gotten a more appropriate reaction to the noisy guests but I feel that the management is more than happy to let the guests fend for themselves rather than resolving the issue!!
I am staying elsewhere during the crew races this year. Hopefully I will get some rest this time around.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MaggieJA
BatchellerMansion, Manager at Batcheller Mansion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Sometimes it can be very challenging to offer an appropriate response; therefore I will simply state the facts. In each guest room, directly on the front face of the phone is a direct line ext. to dial to reach me at any time. On the office door is posted a direct line to reach me at any time. On the after-hours phone message it states the direct line to reach me at any time. It actually is very easy to reach me at any hour. We do care about our guests and their comfort and safety. For some reason this guest chose not to call me, immediately, from the comfort of their bed and then decided to notify me the next day after the offending party had already checked out.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

All of the rooms were nicely decorated. The woodwork was amazing. The outer door weighs a few hundred pounds (2-5" of solid oak). When you arrive, just push to open the outer door. Eventually, it will move! The beds very comfortable (like being in a cloud) and bathrooms nicely equipped. Breakfast was delicious. The chef/host gave a very welcoming greeting and ensured that we ate well!

Room Tip: Pick any one, you can't go wrong. But beware with its high ceilings, the 3rd floor rooms requir...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My husband and I spent a few days at The Batcheller Mansion to celebrate our anniversary. We found the house and hospitality beyond compare. What an incredible place! The architecture, wood work details, and decor are exceptional. There is so much history in this house. We spent many hours in the mansion library looking through photos, memorabilia and historical documents. We stayed in President Grant's Room - it is huge, beautiful, overlooks Congress Park, has a professional sized pool table and a large bathroom with jacuzzi tub and shower. Chef/Inn Keeper Dan's breakfast is delicious. Saratoga Springs has so much to do - even in the middle of winter! If you are someone who appreciates history and the finer things in life you are sure to enjoy the Batcheller Mansion in Saratoga Springs. HIghly recommend it!

Room Tip: All the rooms in this mansion are incredible. However, only two have jacuzzi tubs - the Batcheller...
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Wonderful room, very clean, bed not the best, to soft for my liking.
Full breakfast cooked at the moment (you can order eggs, french toast,etc. or help yourself to cereal fresh fruit or homemade cookie from the buffet table) and served at your table.
Coffee, tea and other hot beverage available all day long, staff very nice and always available.
Complimentary bottle of water in your room.
Located right where all the shops and restaurant are.
We'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank magicrubbithat
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick getaway over the recent holiday weekend and decided on Saratoga. We have been to Saratoga many times before, sometimes for day trips other times overnight and usually stay in one of the local hotels. This time we were without kids and decided we wanted to try one of the local Inns. After seeing so many positive reviews on Trip Advisor we choose the Batcheller Inn. We were not disappointed. The Inn is gorgeous, when you step inside you really do feel as if you have entered into a different era. The period furnishings, beautiful woodwork and detailing throughout the Inn is beautiful. I do wish we were able to have a tour of the house but every room was taken! Even with a full house the Inn was quiet and comfortable. We stayed in the Catharine Room. It was very large and comfortable although the bathroom is oddly configured. The bed was extremely comfortable which always seems to be an issue when you travel. The only problem with the room was the heat, it was so hot that it made it very difficult to sleep. I did ask about this early in the evening but I guess it is difficult to control the heating in such a large and old house. Breakfast the next morning is not to be missed. Along with a buffet of fruit, homemade muffins and some other basic breakfast items there were several made to order items on the menu. The dishes were unique and delicious. My husband enjoyed his so much that Dan insisted he have seconds! I loved the look of the modern kitchen and the antique dining room! All in all this was a great place to stay with a very friendly and helpful staff. I would have like to have stayed longer! We love visiting Saratoga and I'm so happy we discovered the Batchellar Mansion Inn. We will be back!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Got back last weekend 1/12/13 this was a gift given to us by someone very special to me, arrived early, our room was ready, met by Dan the innkeeper and cook. He gave a fantastic tour of the mansion & a great history lesson. Rooms were all gorgeous, clean & each uniquely styled. Staff always available & accommodating. All restaurants & shops within very short walking distance, museum & park across the street. Full breakfast cooked to order by Dan, delicious (stuffed French toast a MUST, eggs in the hole my hubby's favorite). Fresh baked goods daily, all served on beautiful china. Coffee, tea & hot chocolate available all day. A wonderful experience. Will be back again. In fact, loved it so much booked 5 rooms together as a gift to our children early March!!

Room Tip: Larger rooms have candle lit fireplaces
1  Thank Jackie D