My husband and I stayed one night at the Saratoga Arms, based on the wonderful reviews on tripadvisor. Its location is perfect for those who want to be on Broadway and in the heart of downtown Saratoga, close to restaurants, shops and bars. It is situated at the north end of the commercial district, however, so is perhaps slightly less noisy than it would be further down on Broadway. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The common rooms of the original part of the hotel, dating from 1870, are tastefully decorated and inviting, as is the front porch, well appointed with comfortable wicker chairs from which one can watch the world go by. Based on the lovely common rooms, we expected our hotel room to be similarly styled, but this was not the case. We stayed in the newer addition, and the room itself seemed not much different from standard hotel rooms. The bed was very comfortable, in spite of somewhat scratchy sheets, but the other furniture simply wasn't up to snuff. There was a cheap pressed-board dresser, for example, that was made for a refrigerator, but there was no refrigerator installed, leaving a gaping space, and an unfinished look. The bathroom, on the other hand, was very nice, with comfortable robes and excellent bath products provided. Another nice touch were the complimentary bottles of Saratoga mineral water. Breakfast service in the morning was courteous, but the food was not very good. We had the cheddar and tomato omelet, but were hard pressed to find tomatoes, or cheddar, for that matter. Given the elegance and attention to detail for which this hotel is known, I think the breakfast menu could use some improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an award winning Saratoga Springs luxury hotel located in the heart of beautiful downtown steps to the Thoroughbred Races, shopping, restaurants, and museums. Our Saratoga Springs bed & breakfast features 31 individually appointed rooms with fireplaces & whirlpool tubs, combining historic elegance and modern amenities. A delicious full breakfast, Wi-Fi & concierge service is included at our romantic Saratoga Springs lodging. Experience why the Saratoga Arms stand apart from all other hotels in Saratoga Springs, NY! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Saratoga Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Arms Springs
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Springs