I'm not usually someone who gushes a lot but I can't say enough wonderful things about this place.
My partner and I made a reservation here for our anniversary in March, and got an incredible deal because of it being the off-season. We had never been to Saratoga Springs, but wanted to go someplace Amtrak-adjacent (since neither of us drive) where we could wander for a few days and this fit the bill perfectly. It's a short cab ride or maybe a 20-minute walk from the Amtrak station, and an easy walk to most of the museums, parks, and other interesting things to do in the area.
We had one of the garden-level rooms, and it was HUGE. Between the fireplace and the whirlpool tub, basically I wanted to stay there forever. One of the things that struck me was how quiet it was - even though we were on the garden level, right off a busy street, it's so well-insulated that we had no complaints about the noise. Literally the only nitpick I have is that I wish the curtains were either heavier or better-fitted to let in just a little bit less light, but I'm a raging insomniac who likes to sleep in pitch blackness so I'm bound to say things like that, haha.
The family-owned nature of the place is perfect - in my experience, sometimes family-owned B&Bs can make you feel a little awkward, like being a guest in some stranger's house but these folks are warm, welcoming, and helpful while still giving you plenty of privacy. And the food is delicious. The staircases are a bit creaky, so I suspect there might be some noise during times of the year when it's more crowded, but we had no complaints.
On our last day, there was a snowstorm, and the owners let us stay in the room well after checkout until it was safe to travel.
Great people, great experience, and I would highly recommend it, particularly during the off-season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an award winning Saratoga Springs luxury hotel located in the heart of beautiful downtown steps to the Thoroughbred Races, shopping, restaurants, and museums. Our Saratoga Springs bed & breakfast features 31 individually appointed rooms with fireplaces & whirlpool tubs, combining historic elegance and modern amenities. A delicious full breakfast, Wi-Fi & concierge service is included at our romantic Saratoga Springs lodging. Experience why the Saratoga Arms stand apart from all other hotels in Saratoga Springs, NY! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Saratoga Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Arms Springs
- Saratoga Arms Hotel Springs