Saratoga Arms
The Inn at Saratoga(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$168
Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$182
The Gideon Putnam(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$140
Groupon.com
The Saratoga Hilton(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$247
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$130
ComfortInn
Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$166
GardenInn.com
Courtyard Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$202
Courtyard
Roosevelt Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$100
Official Hotel
US$270
US$236
Hampton.com
The Adelphi Hotel(Saratoga Springs)
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfront porchsmith familyguest pantryquichein townwatching the worldsmall hotelthe main streethistoric buildingpeople watchplace to staybreakfast was deliciouswithin walking distancemodern amenitiessaratoga waterwrap around porchfresh fruit
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The Saratoga Arms hotel was a lovely place to stay. Ideally situated right on Broadway it's close to restaurants, stores and sights. The staff was helpful and the breakfast was delicious. Rooms were spacious and clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I'm not usually someone who gushes a lot but I can't say enough wonderful things about this place.

My partner and I made a reservation here for our anniversary in March, and got an incredible deal because of it being the off-season. We had never been to Saratoga Springs, but wanted to go someplace Amtrak-adjacent (since neither of us drive) where we could wander for a few days and this fit the bill perfectly. It's a short cab ride or maybe a 20-minute walk from the Amtrak station, and an easy walk to most of the museums, parks, and other interesting things to do in the area.

We had one of the garden-level rooms, and it was HUGE. Between the fireplace and the whirlpool tub, basically I wanted to stay there forever. One of the things that struck me was how quiet it was - even though we were on the garden level, right off a busy street, it's so well-insulated that we had no complaints about the noise. Literally the only nitpick I have is that I wish the curtains were either heavier or better-fitted to let in just a little bit less light, but I'm a raging insomniac who likes to sleep in pitch blackness so I'm bound to say things like that, haha.

The family-owned nature of the place is perfect - in my experience, sometimes family-owned B&Bs can make you feel a little awkward, like being a guest in some stranger's house but these folks are warm, welcoming, and helpful while still giving you plenty of privacy. And the food is delicious. The staircases are a bit creaky, so I suspect there might be some noise during times of the year when it's more crowded, but we had no complaints.

On our last day, there was a snowstorm, and the owners let us stay in the room well after checkout until it was safe to travel.

Great people, great experience, and I would highly recommend it, particularly during the off-season.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jay s
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. This is my 6th time at Saratoga (each time at a different Hotel / B&B) and this place is special. What makes this place special is the pride of ownership, the personla warmth / hospitality of this place which is reflective of the historical culture of this beautiful town. You can always find less expensive places to stay, but if you want to experience part of the long, proud and beautifully culturaled traditions of Saratoga while still having the modern amenities of today, book your next stay here! Convenient - within walking distance to downtown action, fabulous gourmet breakfast, beautifully appointed rooms with updated facilities (good water pressure, central A/C, Wi Fi, cable), impeccable and friendly service and excellent recommendations on top places to eat as well as local activities (all you have to do is ask).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have already reviewed this lovely small hotel several years ago, but I enjoy it so much (I go once or twice a year) that I felt compelled to say, again, how truly great it is! My previous review has all the specifics needed, but I do have to say that besides the perfect location, the lovely staff (family owned, but every staff member -- they do have staff who are not part of the actual family who owns the hotel -- is so nice, and do everything they can to make you feel special), the gorgeous building, the amazing porch, the free wi-fi, the hotel itself is spotless, and is well worth the price. They also change/update furniture/bedding/linens regularly (to keep everything fresh); in fact, they were making a few updates last week while I was there. Everything looked beautiful! There is a chain hotel (I won't name it) which is pricier than this hotel (and it's not even right in town). Treat yourself and stay here! I just came back from two nights (work related), but hope to go back again at the holidays with my husband (he loves it, too). Saratoga itself is simply beautiful (and just a 2.5 hour drive from NYC!). Please excuse any typos!

Room Tip: I also stay in one of the "garden" suites because it has a private entrance and private patio. I love it! I actually can work outside on my own patio (the wi-fi works out there, too).
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DeborahPub
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is probably the nicest hotel in downtown Saratoga Springs. However, unless you plan to spend the entire day trapped in your room or on the hotel's front porch, it is clearly not worth spending an awful lot of money for just a room. The rooms are very average in size and a little cramped with all the furniture in there. For the price I was expecting truly grand rooms. We had two rooms in the older & nicer part of the hotel, but they were like any other room at the many quaint bed and breakfasts we've stayed around the US. I've read in other reviews that the newer rooms are not furnished nicely. I have no independent knowledge of this. Positives: The included breakfast is great, the staff is very friendly, and the hotel was clean. The hotel is on the main street of Saratoga Springs so it is convenient to all the cute shops on the street, but after once around the stores, there's not much else to do within walking distance to the hotel. If we were to travel to Saratoga Springs again, I'd look for somewhere else to stay. I hate to submit a less than stellar review, but I think travelers need to know the truth.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the older rooms on the side-street side of the Inn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jerabema
Everett2, General Manager at Saratoga Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

We thank this guest for recognizing us as the nicest hotel in downtown Saratoga Springs and for complimenting the quality of our excellent housekeeping staff, the expertise of our breakfast chef and the professionalism of the owners and employees. Saratoga Arms has the ideal location in the heart of the historic district close to fine dining, specialty shopping opportunities, night life and cultural events Guests are provided with the comforts of home and the services you expect to find in a high end hotel. Each of the guest rooms is individually appointed with custom fabrics and furnishings in both the “older” section and the “new” section.

This guest seemed disappointed that there was not enough to do in town. Here is a sampling of the activities that were ongoing during her stay: The New York City Ballet had matinee and evening performances. Saratoga Polo kicked off their 2013 season, An Open House was held at the Saratoga Race Course, celebrating 150 years of racing. In addition the National Museum of Racing, the Automobile Museum, The National Museum of Dance, The History Museum and the New York State Military Museum were all open and most are walkable from the hotel.
Skidmore College offers free concerts at the Tang Museum. Yaddo Gardens is free and open to the public. The Roosevelt Baths in the State Park offer the opportunity to experience the unique benefits of the mineral waters. The Victoria Pool is a beautiful 1933 swimming pool complex in the State Park and is open daily. The Saratoga National Battlefield, a short drive away, has ongoing programs and hiking trails. Bike rentals are available in the Arts District.

Not much to do??? The average visitor needs to come back time and time again to enjoy all that our beautiful city has to offer and Saratoga Arms is the hotel of choice for the most discerning of those visitors, and that is a great source of pride to the staff and owners of Saratoga Arms.