“Excellent service and comfort”
Review of Saratoga Arms

Saratoga Arms
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Binghamton, New York
“Excellent service and comfort”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

First of all, I’d like to tell you that the service that I received at your hotel was some of the best service that I’ve ever received. I arrived at 9:00 PM Friday night and was greeted by a very friendly young man who checked me in, went out to my car to help me with my luggage, and guided me to my room while explaining the many amenities that you have to offer.

The accommodations were perfect. The room was spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel was very quiet so sleeping was no problem…very rare for me when away from home. The hotel was very close to the Saratoga Hilton where I was attending a weekend conference. Breakfast was a wonderful surprise and treat and the service and quality of the food was exceptional there as well.

Checking out on Sunday morning was yet another example of excellent service. I’m not sure who the woman was that helped me out but she guided me to the side entrance so was easily able to get to my car parked on the side street.

If I had any suggestions for improvement, it would only be to start the breakfast a bit earlier in the morning. My meeting time was 8:00 on Sunday morning so I was unable to enjoy breakfast at the hotel before I left. Perhaps consider setting up the “continental” part of the breakfast so that those of us that have to get an early start could have a muffin or piece of fruit.

I would definitely stay at your hotel again and have already recommended it to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
dallas, tx
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Saratoga Arms could not be in a better location if you are visiting Saratoga. Its a short run up the hill to Skidmore college past all the beautiful and historic homes, and is also steps from the bustle of broadway with its cute shops and electic collection of eateries. I travel all over the world and its is rare that most places get everything right. Saratoga Arms does. No detail is overlooked down to the rolls of tissue wrapped in rose colored paper and embossed with the Saratoga Arms label. It really does not get much better than that. My chef prepared brunch was delicious as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Three college friends and I were in town for our Skidmore Reunion and we shared adjoining doubles and we were very happy with our accommodations. The bathrooms are spacious and the plumbing is great. We and we could not have selected a better place or location.
Our rooms were immaculately clean, beds very comfortable, and the towels and linens excellent. I highly recommend the breakfast. The food is excellent, the coffee strong and the staff attentive.
The pantry which is stocked with water, snacks and coffee is wonderful too.
I highly recommend the Saratoga Arms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I was in desperate need of R&R, and I knew a traditional hotel wasn't going to so it for me. I wanted warm, cozy, quiet and comfy, and I knew only a B&B could offer me all of those things under one roof: enter the Saratoga Arms. The overall feeling is that you are staying in a home from the 1800's but with every modern convenience you could hope for without losing any of its character and charm. SA is the cleanest place ever, the staff is patient, kind and friendly. I didn't have the chance to try the spa treatments on the lower level, but I will next time! SA is my private retreat for when I need some "me" time, but couples, families or anyone who wants something far more than ordinary will love it. I will go back for my b'day this September!!!

• Stayed May 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We loved our short stay at Saratoga Arms! After a very warm welcome, we were taken to our beautiful, spacious room. The appointments, fabrics, bath and amenities were tops. All day, the inn offers complimentary beverages, snacks and beverages which can be enjoyed on the lovely front porch or in one of the parlor rooms. The owner, Kathleen, is wonderful-- enthusiastic, interesting and clearly knows how to run an outstanding operation. The location can't be beat, the inn is tucked right into the hear of Saratoga Springs. Our only regret was our stay was too short, we are already planning a return visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is by far the best B&B we've ever visited. The attention to detail is impeccable. Our room was spacious (king, non-suite). Each room has individual heat and AC. The amenities were super- coffee service, complimentary snacks, bottled water, and baked goods, great toiletries, including lip gloss and shower caps, WONDERFUL breakfasts which included a small buffet of healthy cereals, fresh fruit, pastries, and breads (with a toaster), and the chef's daily menu, which included delicately prepared eggs, and breakfast meat, and potatoes. The coffee was absolutely wonderful. The inn is right in town, so it's very easy to walk to restaurants, museums, and shopping. We only used our car once in the three days we stayed. They have a lovely front porch with tables and white tablecloths, which was fun to use on the beautiful days we had. We absolutely loved staying here, and we plan to come back. We can't say enough good about this wonderful inn.

Room Tip: One note, if you're bothered by street noise, ask for your room not to be in the front of the in...
Westchester, NY
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I see from all the previous reviews people have captured how special the Inn is. If you check their Facebook page you see that they are continuously updating the building and grounds. When we were there they were putting in an impressive new bluestone staircase to the large front porch, which will be a wonderful outdoor space for eating and drinking once the weather warms up.

Everything is perfect and sparkling inside--a real historic inn with many antique touches but very updated to the 21st century. My favorite touch among many was discovering amidst all the plush white towels in the bathroom a clever black washcloth with the word "Makeup" on it. I should get one of those at home!

Don't skip the breakfast if you visit there....

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 206--very large & quiet, and we loved the swank yet historic black and white d...