“Comment”

Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed 26 March 2013

It took 15+ minutes to get checked in. Much longer than I would expect given only one person in front of me. Granted they had three separate reservations and some issues. Then, despite reserving a king I was asked to take a double. Not a big deal, but after lengthy wait not a wise decision by desk clerk. Room was fine but since clocks still reflected standard time I knew room had not been occupied for 5 days. This is not a good message to send. While I may return due to location and price, I will at least look at other options as the switching of rooms after the wait in my view is questionable customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Stephen E
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Dear Mr.Englese,
I appolisize for the uncomfortable experiences doruring your stay at our hotel on 3/14/13. Please give us a chance on your next stay. It should NOt take that long to check in. Your experience is our strength. We will take care issues you pointed out.
Thanking you again for staying with Best Western.
MO Hussain
manager

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Older hotel but very conveniently located to the Saratoga Raceway. Price was very reasonable and the rooms, lobby, etc. were very clean. Breakfast was good. Treadmill in fitness room was broken. Staff was very pleasant and accomodating.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very spacious but noisey due to exits at these locations.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karyn M
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Karyn M,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon. I am sorry that our treadmill in fitness room was broken, we are currently in the process of fixing it.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

The first thing I noticed was how clean the room was! We needed a rollaway bed (addt'l charge of $10) The housekeeper brought it almost immediately. When she saw that there were 5 of us she returned with extra towels and shampoos. The breakfast was wonderful with bacon and sausage, eggs, muffins, bagels, juice etc... the coffee was not as hot as I like it but a few seconds in the microwave and perfect! There is also a coffee pot in the room.. We forgot my grandsons slippers and called the next day and they had them.. and for a small fee (about $8) they mailed them off to us!.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

My husband & I stayed here recently with our 7 week old baby. Despite the fact that we were obviously traveling with an infant, we were placed in the middle of a block of rooms occupied by a rowdy group of hockey fans who were partying loudly in the hallway and duct-taping pizza boxes, hallway plants, and one another to the room doors on either side of ours. Within minutes of checking in, I called the front desk & asked to change rooms. Instead, I was assured that management would deal with the group right away. At 12:30am, the group finally went into a room and we got the baby to sleep. At 2:15am, our room telephone rang. The front desk attendant first said she was calling to confirm that our noise complaint had been resolved to our satisfaction. What?! By calling our room at 2:15 in the morning?! She then reversed course and said that she was actually calling to investigate a noise complaint relating to our room. Impossible, I explained...we were all sleeping. And besides, I asked, why is the hotel's policy to call someone's room in the middle of the night rather than sending someone up to investigate and ensure the complaint refers to the correct room? She had no explanation. Embarassingly--but in my mind, not surprisingly--I apparently used a curse word to express my frustration (this becomes important in a minute) and hung up. We were not able to get the baby back to sleep until after 5am. On check out the next morning, we mentioned the incident & received a third story about the call to our room--apparently, the front desk girl meant to dial the room next door (part of the hockey block) and dialed ours instead. During check-out and in two subsequent conversations with the general manager, there was no willingness to make an accomodation on our bill--we were made to pay full price despite the hotel staff's error, the multiple conflicting stories we received re: the ultimate reason for the call, and the fact that we did not get more than a couple of hours of sleep during our stay. The reason no offer to accomodate us was made? The curse word I apparently uttered on the phone. You have to be joking. To recap, (1) I was speaking to an adult who called my room at 2:15am, (2) said adult made up multiple conflicting stories regarding the need to call my room at that time, and (3) my infant son, husband & I were all awakened--and got very little sleep--as a result. So I said a curse word--I'm not proud of it, but I'm still the customer. At the end of the day, I was charged $112 for the displeasure of staying at this mediocre hotel staffed by poor customer service representatives who apparently have extremely sensitive dispositions--and who are awful ambassadors for the Best Western brand. Hotels of this caliber are a dime a dozen in the Saratoga Springs area. I highly advise you stay some place else. Unless you like partying in the hallway and defacing hotel property, in which case, they'll probably make an exception for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

Reviewed 8 January 2013

Loved this hotel! It was very clean and quiet. Brought my two dogs also and we were given a room on the first floor near an exit door in the rear. Very convenient. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, a lot more than I expected. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and I will be staying there again in the futrue.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with dogs they will give you a room on the first floor near an exit in the rear...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We enjoy being a pet friendly hotel! Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you and your two dogs will come back and see us again soon!

A Best Western traveller
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We stayed there with a recent trip over Christmas to visit family. The staff is very friendly and hotel is spotless! Without being in the hub-bub of downtown, we found this to be an ideal location. It's far enough from the interstate that you don't get the traffic noise and literally two minutes into downtown Saratoga. Another review said it was inconvenient to downtown. Having grown up there, I totally disagree. The free breakfast was more than adequate. We would definately stay there again.

1  Thank Melia L