Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
The Saratoga Hilton(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$191
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$144
GardenInn.com
The Adelphi Hotel(Saratoga Springs)
US$197
Saratoga Arms(Saratoga Springs)
US$302
US$270
Official Site
Comfort Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$113
ComfortInn
Pavilion Grand Hotel(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$131
  • Restaurant
Roosevelt Inn & Suites(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$90
Official Hotel
Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs(Saratoga Springs)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$191
Travelocity
The Gideon Putnam(Saratoga Springs)
Hotels.com
All reviewsbbq placewestern hotelsoutdoor poolfree breakfaststate parkeasy accesscomfortable bedsminute drivedowntown areanice staybreakfast areadesk clerkbagelsfitness roomwould stay here againfitness centerhousekeeping staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a concert at the Performing Art Center. The air conditioning in the room was good but in the hallways it was awful. The poor employees that have to work in those conditions. Check in was unpleasant the older lady was not friendly. Check out was a better experience the gentleman was friendly. Beds were comfortable. Employees I came across like housekeeping and maintenance were friendly. Although if I go back I will request a second floor room, until 11:00 at night we had to listen to someone running back and forth above us.

Room Tip: Choose second floor this way if someone has children you won't here them running or jumping above you all night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dottie t
bwsaratoga, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

3 day stay, informed the desk there was no internet in the room on the first day, response was to tell me it was "complicated" to connect to the internet,and it worked fine. By the time we left, still no internet in the room, and reports from multiple other guests (to me) that the internet did not work consistently (or at all) in their rooms. Official stance from the motel staff is still "it works fine". My absolute favorite comment was from a maid that "sometimes for the wireless you have to get a cord from the front desk". She saw no irony in that statement.

Informed hotel when reservation made 3 months ago that guest was mobility impaired. Access to room was through back door with no curb cut, no handicapped parking marked, and a toilet that could be described as a good height for a grade school lavatory. As if to compensate for the low toilet, the bathtub wall height was high enough I tripped and fell getting out, so my mother opted not to use the bathtub.

Card in bathroom informed us that we could indicate to staff that we would reuse towels by hanging them on the towel rack. This would be fine except there was not a towel rack to be found. Apparently we were supposed to bring one for ourselves?

Room refrigerator did not work when we arrived, desk staff informed me I had probably "set it wrong". They ended up replacing it after determining that lack of cold and compressor action might mean it was broken.

2nd day of our stay, our room cards didn't open the outside door access. I was issued new cards after walking around the hotel (leaving my mother standing outside in the heat) but informed that it was the fault of heavy rains earlier in the week, not that the staff had mistakenly canceled our access. Interestingly we had no further problems with the "faulty" lock mechanism (even when there was further rain).

If the hotel staff would admit the hotel limitations, it wouldn't be so bad here, but everything is the guests' fault,not the fault of an older hotel with insufficient wireless coverage and old infrastructure. This is a Best Western, and my expectations for the brand are higher than this. For the price, there are more convenient locations and services, and for the quality there are cheaper motels.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank calonkat
bwsaratoga, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We stayed here due to our friends having a free night from "points". Would not have been our selection.
The staff was very friendly and helpful in all regards.
The property was "ok"... but felt like it was on the down slide.
We were in a NS King... the bed was "just ok"... but felt like we were sliding to the middle
breakfast was included... but as mentioned in a recent review is nothing to write home about.. it really only had Belgium waffles.. (no non-stick spray) and sausages. No eggs.
coffee was undrinkable (consensus of 4 of us)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with several friends to celebrate a friend's upcoming marriage. From the road, this hotel looks nice, but there are several issues.
First I'd like to say that everyone we met who worked there was very nice, and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. But there is only so much an employee can do. The most grievous issues had to do with poor management.
When we arrived on a hot, Saturday afternoon in early June, we couldn't wait to jump into the pool. We booked this hotel specifically for the pool. However, we were told that the pool was closed but that it would open the next day. To say we were disappointed was an understatement.
When we went to our rooms on the second floor, we realized as soon as we got off the elevator that there was no AC in the halls. According to my iphone, it was 91 degrees in the hallway. Our rooms were the same - oppressively hot. We blasted the AC, but it took hours to cool the rooms down. By then, it was evening. We had hoped to have cocktails and snacks by the pool before dinner, but all the tables and chairs were locked up behind the pool gates. We had to ask to have chairs brought out so we at least had a place to sit - and we ended up moving most of them ourselves.The next day came - check out day - and the pool was still closed. We were told again "maybe tomorrow" but we were checking out that day, so tomorrow never came for us.
There is a structure located next to the hotel where we think the manager must live. The entire canterlevered overhang was collapsing and being held up by 2x4s. Very attractive indeed.
The "breakfast" consisted of re-hydrated egg patties - yes, patties, stale muffins, unripe bananas, undrinkable coffee and some juices. There was a waffle iron, but it looked a bit well used. This is the 3rd time I was disappointed by a Best Western, and my last.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else - anywhere else - and closer to town.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
bwsaratoga, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My room was very clean the bed was very comfortable everything worked, the staff was friendly and helpful, Abbey was very fast in checking me out and helpful with breakfest. I would recommend staying at the Best Western over the Comfort Inn I have stayed now at both and will stay here again.

Todd

Room Tip: It's a little bit out of town but the Bar BQ joint next to the motel is very good for NY
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business