“BW Saratoga”

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Boston, Massachusetts
“BW Saratoga”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here one Saturday since everything else was booked or over $400 because of racing season. The Best Western is only a few minute drive from downtown Saratoga Springs. The accommodations were a little above average and more than adequate. It's on par with the Hampton Inn. The building was recently renovated and everything was in good shape.

1 Thank John B
bwsaratoga, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you, we hope to see you soon!
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Prattsville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very nice Motel for the price and very close to racetrack and racino. Close to Broadway and all the shops. Not much traffic and get to destinaions on secondary roads. We had a fine stay and we were worried from some of the other reviews which we now think were a bit harsh. You pay for wat you get and this motel was fine and we wll stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwsaratoga, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you, we hope to see you soon!
Like you mentioned in the review, we are not located in the busy part of downtown so its easy to fall asleep at night, as well as being a quite area.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Syracuse, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The hotel was very nice. The cost was very good compared to others in the area. The staff was great. The free breakfast was ok, but it was free and that made it very good. The beds were comfortable and the place was very clean.

Now the must see caveat: get a room on the second floor. We stayed for 2 nights. The first night (Thursday) was great since nobody was above us. The second night (Friday) was not great. The noise from above was loud in the form of heavy walking and bumps and thumps. I'm not sure if the people above were extremely large, very drunk, or there was an issue with the sound proofing of the floors but it kept me up and annoyed until well after midnight. I didn't complain since it only annoyed me. My wife fell right to sleep. So if you think it would annoy you, get a second floor room.

The location is great too, short drive to town and right next to the beautiful park.

Room Tip: Pick the second floor, no foot noise from above.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stevesyr1
bwsaratoga, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you for your kind words. We are sorry for the disruption you faced on the second night.

San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This Place is OK, but could be great. We visited family and decided to stay at this best western because their rates were extremely good considering it was Horse Racing season in Saratoga Springs. The hotel is fine with a nice pool and an adequate, complimentary breakfast. The rooms are comfortable. The staff is friendly. There were a few missed opportunities regarding customer service that could have made our stay fantastic. The biggest was that the latch on our door did not lock. I'm not sure when this started, but we arrived on Wednesday and noticed it on Sunday morning as we were headed to church. We called the front desk and was told the maintenance man would not be there until Monday so we would have to wait or move to another room. Well, obviously we needed to move to another room, but we had to wait until other guests had checked out. We were fine with that, but it was inconvenient and we had missed church. I wasn't offered any kind of compensation and I didn'te request it because I wanted to see if it would be offered or discounted on the bill. It was not. In fact, Penny at the front desk told us that after we had moved they check the door and it did lock. That's kind of interesting because as we left later that day, I walked by the room and was able to open the door without a pass key. Hmmmmm. Then on Monday, we left for the day to visit with family. When we returned we noticed that the door to the new room was not closed because the deadbolt was extended. We can only assume that housekeeping had forgotten to return it and did not notice that the door remained open. We know we shut and locked the door because we had checked it due to the issues with the other room. I'll be sending the hotel an e-mail directly since I tried calling the front desk and no one picked up. However, with that said, the hotel is right next to Saratoga State Park which is fantastic and convenient to drive into Saratoga Springs which is wonderful. If the staff can up their customer service just a bit and pay a little more attention to detail, then this place would be the place to stay while visiting Saratoga Springs.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bwsaratoga, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Let me first take the time to apologize. Because of the recent lock issue, we have went over with our staff how important it is to lock a guests door when leaving. This mistake will never happen again. The lock that you had a problem with has now been fixed by the repair man. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

-Mo Hussain
San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This hotel is fine and the price is very good for the area and the season. We had a problem with our door latch and had to change rooms. No discount was offered. Then housekeeping left the deadbolt extended and our door was left opened until we returned. Fotunately, nothing was missing. The Hotel is good, the staff just needs to pay a little more attention to detail. They are pleasant and the hotel is nice and in a good location.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Let me start off by apologizing. It is unacceptable that any member of our house keeping staff would leave a persons door open. This is a breach of our guests safety, and I will be going over this with the member of housekeeping who was responsible.

-Mo Hussain
Cuttingsville, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here last week for the third year in a row during our annual trip to Saratoga. My sister is in a wheelchair and the handicap accessible rooms are very comfortable. The staff here is really nice and have been so helpful to us. They come out and assist me with lifting the wheelchair out of the car trunk and let us into the room very early when we arrived late morning. Everything is very clean and the breakfast in the morning has a fair variety. The hotel is only a few miles out of town and quite close to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center and the State Park which surrounds it. The building next door, mentioned by another reviewer, is being renovated and that will improve the look of the property. We'll be back every year!

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We always encourage our staff to be helpful to our guests when they are in need, so I am very pleased that they helped you with the wheelchair. We are glad that you enjoyed staying with us, and hope you come again!

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey

Boulder, CO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stayed one night while visiting family in town. A fine enough hotel: clean enough, quiet. Wished it had two sinks (one outside bathroom). Not really near anything and nothing special. No serious complaints either, but would look for something else if I came again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bwsaratoga, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Unfortunately some times our location can be a downside for some guests. In order to get to downtown you cant walk, but we do offer Taxis that are only about 8$! The plus side to not being downtown is you don't have to listen to all the town traffic which can be a bit of a distraction during sleep. We are however the closest hotel to SPAC, which a lot of people enjoy.