“Reasonably Priced Saratoga Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs

BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Miami Beach, FL
“Reasonably Priced Saratoga Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

After attending the races, my brother and I spent one night at the Best Western Plus. For a reasonably priced hotel, it was quite good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms, while not luxurious, were comfortable and the breakfast (included in the price) was adequate. The swimming pool was well maintained and was enjoyed by both of us on a hot afternoon.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
bwsaratoga, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
We are glad we were able to meet your needs. You are always welcome with us and we look forward to seeing you for the races again next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

A short drive south of downtown Saratoga Springs, just south of the state park. Perfectly pleasant, good free breakfast, clean, and a heck of a lot cheaper than the places in town. Across the street from a good bbq place, PJ's BBQ-S-A.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our guests are our top priority here. We look forward to having you back again soon!
Plainview, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

SPENT 3 HOURS TRYING TO GET MONEY BACK, BECAUSE WE COULD NOT STAY THERE.

Before I continue with this review I want to say that I have stayed in many Best Westerns and NEVER had a problem, EVER.

My girlfriend and I had started our vacation. We had planned an overnight stay in Saratoga Springs and then continuing to Lake George for the remainder of the week. We had just traveled 3 1/2 hours and decided to stop by the Best Western Plus Park Inn to see if our room was ready. It was not, which was fine because we were way too early. Everything seemed to be a little hectic, they had lost their water do to a break in a pipe according to a staff member, which did not share a smile and was short in her answers about everything. We needed to freshen up before going to the Saratoga Springs Race Track. On our way to use the properties restroom I noticed what seemed to be a layer of dust on a table, in disbelief I ran my fingers through and sure enough it was confirmed. As I waited for my friend I was looking around killing time and noticed the ice machine grill where you put the ice bucket to catch the ice was rusty and the machine itself was grimy. Outside the doors to go to the pool there were cigarette buds all on the ground because there were no ashtrays available. Landscaping in that area was weedy & not very pleasant. My friend came out of restroom and said, "it’s dirty.” I thought that perhaps the water situation had them backed up in cleaning the lobby. We left to the race track.
After a day at the races we went back to Best Western to check in and get ready for dinner. The room was dirty & in shambles! The beds were all wrinkled & in disarray! Stains on the pillows & sheet. Dust in vents, on phone, lamps! Bathroom towels were folded, but messy. Dirty ceiling, mirror & scummy shower head! Management wanted for us to look at another room, which we did and it was better, but we had seen enough to not want to stay there.
Management was kind enough to issue a full refund so we could find another place.
Great start to our vacation, NOT! :( ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

2 Thank Cindy_Sue_Vacation
We apologize that the room you were given first was not up to our high standards here at Best Western. We strive to put our guests first and we did not meet your needs for your stay. We will do our best to do better for you if you come to stay with us again.

Travellers are raving about these Saratoga Springs hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Had a comfortable stay...nice location...nice breakfast...nice workout room...nice pool area...manager appears to be very busy and personable. Good restaurants in the area...very close to SPAC..Casino..and horse racing tracks.Downtown area just minutes away...Lake George a short scenic trip away. We felt very much at home..planning on making it our home away from home next year too.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to having you again next year!
syracuse ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

The place was way understaffed at checkin, rooms weren't ready, and the delay was too long. The next day, there was no water, without warning and they really didn't do much to make the situation better. Would never go there again in august for that price. Very disappointing after being a best western rewards member for some time.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank falcon2012
bwsaratoga, Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I booked this hotel MONTHS in advance for a concert at the SPAC. I know that during the summer ANY hotel in the area is going to be astronomically priced. It all started at check-in. there was only one person working the front desk at 330pm…check in time is at 3pm, you would think they would have staffed the desk better during the busiest time of the day. We waited in line for about 20 minutes before getting our room key. The room was average, two beds, basic bathroom and TV. I noticed that there were stains on the duvet (red wine or lipstick?? not too sure). We headed out to get supplies for the night. We got back and started to get ready for the concert. One plus about the hotel is that it's walking distance to the SPAC. (about 25 mins). When we got back from the concert is when it got really bad. We asked for a menu to order some food. I went to dial the number and the phone wasn't working. I had to use my canadian cell phone to call for take-out. Then we went to turn on the a/c…broken. Not so bad, we opened the windows, got a nice breeze. THEN I went to take a shower….NO RUNNING WATER!!!! I was appalled. No one could brush their teeth or shower before bed. I called price line, who i had booked it with and they were supremely unhelpful and told me to brush my teeth with a water bottle. When I checked out in the morning the water had JUST come back on (10am). Last year for the same concert I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for less money and the hotel was gorgeous, friendly staff and clean rooms.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Veronica C

Saratoga Springs, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE. the customer service is TERRIBLE. there are plenty of better options that are just as close to SPAC. to start the trip i was promised early check in, then when i arrived i was told my room was given away. I then waited on a line out the door for ONE person to check in every one. A half hour later I finally reached the desk and then was told i needed to wait another half hour until my room would be ready. I then went to a concert at SPAC. When we got back to the hotel, there was NO WATER. there was no notice that there was no water. There was no manager available to help with this problem. the staff was absolutely no help. our room phone did not even work to call down to speak to the staff. needless to say you can imagine the terrible stank of our room by 6am after not being able to bathe after a concert, OR flush the toilet. people were going down to the pool with garbage cans to fill to flush toilets that were now clogged and overflowing. the stank in the hotel was rancid. by 7am i could no longer take it and i tried to check out. the staff member did not know when a manager would be available to discuss this but i could leave my EMAIL and he would contact me. the staff simply offered us breakfast and extended checkout but no compensation. since we were upset, he refused to actually check us out but that a manager would be in contact with me.24 hours later i neither received a phone call or an email. when i called the front desk staff would not discuss the issue with me, and in fact had an attitude. to which my MOTHER had to then call to help with getting my voice heard. when the front desk staff would then not speak to her and a manager was STILL not available, we have been in contact with corporate.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western