“What a Great Place For Dog Owners”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn with our malti-poo Sophie three times in the past 18 months and had a great time. I think they space the dogs on various floors and in various locations because we never heard any barking. Although a moment or two of dog barking would not have bothered me. Animals have emotions and voices, after all.

The rooms are very nice and clean. I love an indoor swimming pool and will by all means take advantage of it. I enjoyed my swims in this one. We enjoyed the Sunday buffet a great deal. Very relaxing and tasty. We also enjoyed gazing into the fire pit they had burning in front outside every night. Relaxing and fun. I good place to exchange a few pleasantries with other guests.

The staff was extremely courteous and very professional.

Room Tip: We stayed in three different rooms here and all were really nice. We liked the ones with a view the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nike C
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are proud to be pet friendly and take great measures to make sure that you and your family have the best experience while staying with us. I will share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

I hosted a conference here, and stayed here for the conference as well (two nights).

I cannot say enough about how helpful our event planner, Julie, was. She answered every question I had (and I had a lot) over the course of the planning. She and Tony, the guy who set up the AV equipment and brought out and broke down the coffee for breaks, were phenomenal. Both were friendly, approachable, and AVAILABLE. We had a couple of minor issues, and it wasn't hard to find Tony on the fly; he was calm and so helpful. We had substantial delays and shifts in our agenda, which shifted our break times and lunch (in their Bookmakers' Restaurant) --they worked with it all, and allowed us to shift the breaks as we needed to. Gracious staff, and I have absolutely no complaints. When lunch was running late, and the ladies showed up to break down the buffet, I asked them what kind of time we had, and their response was "we'll work around you". You can't get a better accommodation than that. And when we asked for a lounge space for our attendees for later in the evening, they had no problem with it; when our open bar ended, instead of just shutting it down, one of the staff came out just to make sure we didn't want to extend it.

This hotel is a small one, and maybe that's how they can be so attentive; frankly, it's refreshing, and for me as a host, it was a relief.

I was too busy too eat much at this conference, but I liked what I ate (good lunchtime sandwich).

Although the building & rooms are a little dated, the rooms are clean and comfortable (I had a king size bed).

They have a nice, big propane fire pit in the front behind a trellis, and outside their restaurant. Several attendees spent a good amount of time there after-hours, and you can easily grab a drink from the bar and take it out by the fire pit. They let us keep it on well after they closed up the restaurant.

I would stay here again, and I would definitely hold another conference/meeting here again.

Room Tip: The walls are a little thin, so you might ask for one on the end. You might also ask for a room not...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

We are all very happy that you and your group enjoyed your time at our hotel. Julie is a real professional as well as the rest or our staff. I can't wait to share with her your wonderful comments. We work very hard to keep our hotel improving so that we can provide the amenities that will make our guest's stay the most enjoyable. We take your feedback to heart and will continue to strive to serve in the best way possible.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

We forgot to tell the staff we needed a coffee stationand danish, they had it up and running in 15 minutes. What ever we needed they were there. The staff was polite. The food was very good, The room was also very clean.

Room Tip: Rooms on the eastside were quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thanks for your review of our hotel. Our staff pride themselves on being ready for anything. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I travel often and come to this hotel yearly during racing season for 2-3 weeks. It is the most stress relieving happy stay your could ever dream of. Worth ever penny. Great staff from the manager Cathy French and the front desk staff, to the women who care for the rooms, all the way down to the maintance crew. ALL are extremely friendly and eagar to please ,whatever it takes. The entire property which is centrally located to everything is very clean and extremely well maintained. Plenty of parking, a beautiful indoor AND outdoor pool, gym, computer room, activities, outdoor sitting area with firepit for those chilly nights. It's just a great place. If going to visit Saratoga Springs, and I've stayed at many of the area's properties, this is where you want to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marjorie K

Thanks so much for your great review of our hotel. Saratoga Race Course is celebrating its 150th year this year and we look forward to celebrating this occasion and your visits for many racing seasons to come!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn. It was clean, the room was large and the staff was friendly. I wish I could have stayed a few more night. I was at a conference here, and the facilities were very good. I loved the Saratoga chips.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for your review of our hotel. The Potato Chip was invented in Saratoga Springs and the feedback is that ours are especially delicious! Hopefully next time you will be able to stay longer and enjoy more of what our hotel and Saratoga has to offer.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times before and I love the way it blends in with the surrounding architecture of Saratoga Springs, yet still offers the comforts of a modern hotel.

The room itself was decorated in line with many Holiday Inns. However, the hallways and other public areas speak of a time long ago. Some may call it "dated," which I guess it is, but it seems to work very nicely, in my opinion, with the town that it's located in.

As for the room itself, the highlights were HD Television with a remote similar to the one you probably have at home (with a Guide button). The channel selection is great too. The room did include a small refrigerator and microwave, although they were located directly behind the hallway door. Everything else in the room was pretty standard across the board.

They built a new workout facility since the last time I was there. It includes two treadmills, a stationary bike and a stair climber. Also, they have a rack of dumbbells weighing up to fifty pounds. There is also one of those combination machines that looked pretty cheap, but I didn't use it. It would be nice if they had an adjustable bench (from flat to inclined) that would offer many more ways to use the dumbbells. There were also two very large flat screen TVs and a scale.

I did eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The food was good and the service was timely and professional.

This hotel is located in downtown Saratoga Springs, and is very convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping (within walking distance).

For smokers, try to get a first floor room, as this hotel has no smoking rooms. Other than the front of the hotel, I couldn't find anywhere covered to smoke while it was raining, and I don't prefer to stand in the front and smoke. This was my biggest complaint regarding my stay.

Room Tip: Smokers, try to get a lower floor. There are no smoking rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I especially noted your comments about our public areas. We try to keep our space similar to our surroundings. Saratoga has so much rich history and we like to blend with it. We built the new exercise room last year along with a brand new conference room and backstretch lobby with fireplace for entertaining or relaxing. I will share your comments with our staff and I am sure they will be glad you recognized our charm. Look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Stayed here one night, before continuing on and it was great, very clean, beds very comfortable and staff polite. Used the pool it was nice and warm and clean. Shopping and restaurants are close by, all major stores and chains. Parking was free. In the early evening they offer free cookies and punch in the lobby which was a nice gesture, the kids loved them. Good stay for the price paid.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to make our guests feel at home and able to relax and be themselves. Thanks, I will share your kind comments with our staff.