“Nice hotel, very kind staff!”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The staff was most helpful during our stay. It's not that there was really anything wrong but they went out of their way to make the it an enjoyable experience/stay.

The room was clean and the full service restaurant & bar were available. The location is excellent as the shops are just down the street from the hotel. This is our second stay and the breakfast was well done on this trip as it was on our last.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CLB6167
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with our staff at our next meeting. Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This past weekend, 14 of us stayed at this hotel to celebrate Christmas with my 104 yr old aunt. We have been staying at this hotel for the past 6 years for family functions in the Saratoga Springs area and we have yet to be disappointed. Vickie Brown in the Sales Office has always been accommodating to our needs. The staff of the hotel recognizes us by name when we arrive at the front desk to check in or in the dining room. In addition to kudos to Vickie, I want to extend them to Andrew, our server at dinner on Saturday night and Michele, our server at Sunday morning breakfast.

The rooms are large and comfortable and the hotel is on Broadway and is within walking distance to the many shops and restaurants in downtown Saratoga Springs. The hospitality suite that was set up for us held the 14 of us very comfortably on Saturday afternoon.

As I have traveled extensively for work and for personal trips I am usually skeptical of hotel restaurants especially when there are many eating establishments close by. Perhaps that is the reason that the food at this hotel is exceptional. The portions are filling and the quality is great.

The hotel is pricey in the summer months while the racing season is on and in the fall. However, I recommend it anytime of year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for comments about your recent stay with us. I have shared your kind words with our restaurant staff and Vickie in our sales office. We enjoy hosting your family reunion each year and look forward to working with you in the future.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My mom and I stayed here during a trip to visit relatives the first week of October 2013. I needed a hotel that was close to the park and downtown so my mom could easily get around. We had to use one of the handicap accessible rooms the first night and had to use a roll away bed as there was a wedding that night (we arrived on a Saturday night) and our room we were supposed to be in had a water leak. The hotel more than made up for our inconvenience of that one night and moved us the next day to an upper floor with a view of the park which my mom just loved. The hotel is wonderfully set up where there are many areas we could sit and visit with family or just relax. We ate in the dining room every morning and the food was great and staff warm and friendly. Sunday morning we had the buffet which was wonderful and had a great selection of hot/cold food items. I booked the room with breakfast included and this gave you a voucher for every morning which covered a $10 breakfast which was great! I love that this Holiday Inn is pet friendly and we saw others staying there with their dogs. This hotel is close to the shops and more importantly the park is accessible right out the back. We enjoyed accessing the park via the Katrina Trask stairway which is right off the parking lot. We would DEFINITELY stay here again when visiting Saratoga Springs.

Room Tip: We had a great view of the park from the third floor on the left side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for your feeback regarding your October 2013 stay with us. I am sorry about the problem with your room and I am very happy that our staff was able to make it up to you. Our location is a favorite amongst travelers and we are hoping to see you again on your next visit to our lovely city.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

I recently had the wonderful opportunity of staying at this Holiday Inn for two weeks. I am from the Albany/Saratoga area and I was forced to live in a hotel while a moving van transported all of my goods to the Seattle area for a relocation. As it turns out, it was a very pleasant experience and there was nothing forceful about the stay.
The entire staff was very friendly and warm which made this feel like much more of a home than a temporary residence. The front desk attendants were very informative and helpful, the housekeeping staff was comprised of a very upbeat and reliable group of ladies, the maintenance staff was hospitable and prompt, the ladies working the dining room for breakfast/lunch/dinner were extremely nice and inviting, and Megan/Ron at the bar made me feel like a well liked customer and a friend.
I would highly recommend a stay at this hotel to anyone looking for a wonderful overall experience where you are truly treated like a well respected guest and a friend :)
-Shaun from Seattle

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments about your two week stay with us. We really enjoyed having you as our guest and want to wish you the best of luck on your relocation to Seattle. Hope that you think of us whenever you get a chance to visit Saratoga again. I will share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel ranks as one of the most well kept, comfortable and accommodating pet friendly hotels since I started traveling in 1999. The facility itself is spotless, the staff is always welcoming, and it has a very good restaurant and bar on site. It has everything you would expect in a first class hotel including an outdoor seating area with a huge gas powered fireplace where you can relax just about any time of year. All this and only steps to the most beautiful pet friendly towns in upstate NY.

Room Tip: lower level rooms up front are a bit more special
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MikefromBoston7457
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on offering a clean and comfortable place where you can relax and be yourself. I hope that you can visit our hotel and our city again very soon.

Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This was one if the best places I have ever stayed. I've have stayed in some of the top line hotels in Europe and in the US. The beds were comfortable and the pillows plush. The staff was very kind and the location was perfect for walking the main drag. When I return to Saratoga I will stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is so nice to hear that with all the traveling you do we are on the top of the list. Thanks for the support. I hope you can visit us again soon.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed for a night and it was great! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is with-in walking distance of the local shops and restaurants. They even offered free shuttle service from the train station.

• Stayed: November 2013
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff will appreciate hearing your comments. Our location (walking distance) to the downtown shopping and night life makes us a favorite venue for travelers. Our complimentary shuttle is always a hit. We apprecitate your comments and hope to see you again, soon.