“Reliable and comfortable”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location. Comfortable room. It is a bit noisy on the halls. Staff is quite helpful and the IHG program has nice perks. I find this to be a very welcoming hotel. I sleep well and have stayed here several times. The hotel has been modernized with some nice public spaces to hag out in., The coffee in the morning is a plus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your experience at our hotel. Our location is perfectly located in the downtown district and you can walk just about anywhere. I will share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Built in the sixties, this was the first modern hotel in Saratoga, but it really doesn't show it's age. Rooms are up to the high Holiday Inn standards, and the staff is phenomenal. I had an extended stay there while work was being done on my house, and everyone, from Front Desk to Maintenance to Housekeeping went out of their way to give me a friendly hello every morning. The hotel is dog friendly and there is beautiful Congress Park right out of the back door for a pleasant walk. This hotel has the best location in the City. Congress Park is just a few steps away with a famous mineral spring as well as the Historic Canfield Casino. A three block walk will take you to the downtown shops or the clubs and restaurants of Phila and Caroline Streets. For my money, this is the best place to stay when visiting Saratoga

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us. We are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year as Saratoga's community hotel. It has been a very exciting year so far and more to come. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn two years ago and back then the property needed a little pick-me-up. This time it was obvious that renovations had been done and the hotel is really nice. The "king leisure" room is very large with nice furniture and amenities. The TV is great and the bedside tables were nice. So often you only get one bedside table and this room had two. The bed was comfy, but it was time for a new mattress; it was sloping a little. Everything else was great except for the weak water pressure. I'd be more than happy to stay there again, especially because the location is excellent and you can walk to all the stores, restaurants, and galleries in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with your mattress. I will have our housekeeping department look into the issue. Otherwise it seems you enjoyed your stay and it is great to hear. Hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We held a business event here over a couple of days (2nd time), and I have yet to be disappointed!

The meeting space was perfect - clean, spacious - and whenever we needed a temperature adjustment, it was no problem. Once again, Julie and Tony made arrangements as easy, pleasant, and stress-free as possible, which is particularly appreciated when planning a relatively large event.

My room was clean and comfortable; I love that they offer both soft and firm pillows.

Our group really enjoyed the lunch & breakfast buffet selection; the rolls were great, the roasted potatoes were tasty and the green beans were "real" - not canned!

The fire pit was a big hit once again, and they have shuttle buses to take guests into town, which is great for group events like these, and it's an ideal location right in town. Great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that your conference went exactly as planned. I will be sharing your comments with Tony,Julie and the rest of the staff. Hope to see you at your conference next year.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs is a clean hotel in a great location with a friendly staff. It has a very nice bar/restaurant, Bookmakers, with an outdoor patio and fire pit. The breakfast buffet was fairly good and reasonably priced. There's plenty to do within walking distance, from the National Museum of Dance to the shopping on Broadway to the park next door to the bars and restaurants on Caroline Street.

The lobby area is relatively new, but the hallways and rooms could use an update. The wallpaper, carpet and light fixtures give off a "grandma's living room" kind of vibe. The walls and ceilings are paper thin; we could hear the shower water running in the room next to ours, and conversations from the people above came through the vent in the bathroom.

I'd stay here again because of the location and value, but it didn't blow me away.

Room Tip: A room far from the elevators and stairwells would probably be less noisy, as would one on the top f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry you experienced some noise issues. I will look into the cause for you. I am glad you were able to enjoy some time at Bookmakers lounge and our outdoor firepit. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Went onto the Holiday Inn website and booked a room in Saratoga Springs titled "Book early and save with Breakfast" Sounded like an OK deal. Not the biggest bargain at $200 for one night but I wanted to secure a room. As things happen I needed to cancel my reservation. This was OVER a MONTH in advance of the date. Was told my deposit was UNREFUNDABLE. I told them I paid for the room in total. They told me that WAS the DEPOSIT. The entire room rate with tax was what they considered the "Deposit". Also told that was how I got such a great rate! $200 for the night is not what I would call the bargain of the century. Long story short... I was told "No Cancellation allowed for you" Thats what I get for booking early.... paying the entire rate upfront... and trying to cancel a month in advance!! Spent an hour on the phone trying to get something... even a voucher i'll probably never use, just some sort of satisfaction. They told me to hold for a supervisor and what do you know.... disconnected. What an operation. Clearly all about making a buck over customer satisfaction. Actualy forget customer satisfaction, how about just doing the right thing....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael V
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the way your situation was handled. I would like the opportunity to speak to you in person regarding your concerns. Please feel free to reach me at 518-584-4550 Ext. 281

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Came back for a conference, new lobby area is very nice. Had a room near the housekeepers storage room, can be pretty noisy. Shower had warm water, not hot, disappointing. The bathroom is small but ok. I did hear voices from the vent in the bathroom, ( I'm not hearing things, the walls are thin) the staff is nice, the area is lovely. It's not a bad place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sheri G
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us. I apologize that you experienced some problems during your time here. If you would like to speak to me further about your issues I can be reached at 518-584-4550 Ext. 281