“Nice stay”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
New York City, New York
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 4 January 2009

Booked a last minute room for $94 and was a great value. Despite looking dated from the outside, the rooms were modern and very clean. Nice stay all around and certainly average or slightly above average for a Hilton property. The location is really tops, the entire town is walkable from the hotel. $10 for parking seems a little outrageous given the location, especially in winter; however, it is par for the course with major hotel chains.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Glens Falls
Reviewed 25 November 2008

I booked a 3 day, 4 night convention at this property through Joanna Alves, sales manager. She is one of the most professional people I ever dealt with and the conference went without a hitch. For anyone who ever plans such an event, this is usually not the case. Additionally, every employee of this hotel went out of their way to be courteous and as helpful as can be to every member of our organization.
I had a personal issue that resulted in me going to the hospital. I was having a medical problem when another employee of the hotel, John Childs, approached me when he noticed I was having a problem. He immediately took control of the situation and had an ambulance dispatched and gave reassurance and comfort to my wife and colleagues during this period. All the employees at this location should be recognized for their excellence in service and in particular, Joanne and John.
I would not hesitate recommending this hotel and its accomodations to anyone.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Memphis, TN
Reviewed 12 September 2008

I stayed at the Saratoga Hilton to attend a Banking Convention, but will definitely return. It is only about a block away from all of the many restaurants and bars, but much quieter. I never realized how much nightlife this town of 27,000 offered! And a cab ride to the race track is very cheap. The accomodations are generally good, in fact more than adequate considering you will not be in your room very much when you stay there! Across the street is a nice quik mart to stock the room with beer/soda/chips.

Be sure to ask to speak with their Journey Ambassador John Childs. He is well connected in the city and can tell you where to go and who to ask for. Nice job John!

Douglas
Memphis, TN

• Liked — Conveniently Located to the nightlife district
  • Disliked — TV's need to be upgraded to Hi Def Flat Screens
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Delmarva
Reviewed 3 September 2008

While some aspects of the hotel may not be quite up to Hilton standards (somewhat older smaller rooms, Hilton in-room books describing services not available) we were very pleased with our stay. The rooms were both comfortable and clean. KO the concierge was very helpful as were all of the staff, and Chez Sophie, the on-site restaurant was excellent. We liked the location and even though we had a third floor room on the main drag we could shut out the noise bt closing the window. The self parking was convenient even if the $15 charge was starting to approach city rates. (It was dropped to $10 the day after Labor Day. Inflated prices are part of Saratoga's season. We liked the location as well and would certainly stay again.

• Liked — Staff, location
  • Disliked — Room size
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
cape cod
Reviewed 28 August 2008

we had booked a number of rooms for an event in saratoga
staying 3 days. The rooms, dining, reception were all
exceptional.
Any concerns were addressed immediately, Upon entering,
the valets were efficient, the front desk had my room ready,
they were friendly and professional.
They have what they call a junior ambassador to the hotel
in the front lobby, Mr Childs, who bent over backwards to
accomodate our group in any way he could. Upon entering
the hotel one day my hands were full, he immediately
took my bags and escorted me to my room. One in our
group had lost his bags for a few days and he rounded up
some golf shoes and shorts for him,,, i was amazed as it
wasnt the hotels fault. He was in the front lobby and his
job is to take concerns and to remedy them which he did
outstandingly.
I also wanted to praise the manager John Tito, who went
out of his way to help me with a booking at another hotel
as I wanted to stay another day and they had no availablity.
He contacted the staff as he knew them, got me an
exceptional rate etc...
A great overall experience,,,,, the people is what certainly
make this hotel and stay a great stay.
they also have non smoking rooms and did accomodate
a traveler with dogs.....
I felt this was a 5 star experience.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Baltimore
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 11 years. The staff is exceptionally friendly, helpful, and competent. Alison Leske - reservations, and Cindy Sullivan - Meetings, always go the extra mile to assure that our rooms are ready and in perfect condition.

In addition to the excellence we experience every year from Alison and Cindy, this year we experienced "over the top" service from three other individuals. Karen Oakes - Concierge - remembered that we wanted to purchase a picture of the Travers Race finish and put one aside for us before they sold out. Chris - Patio Server - went out of her way to make sure we had extra food and beverages before the Friday night "Manager's reception" ended. Leida - Front Desk - upon delivering something to our room, also offered to complete the ironing of my shirt!

Every individual in this hotel seems to be very customer focused. It is a pleasure to return to this hotel year after year.

• Liked — Excellent staff. Excellent location.
  • Disliked — Mandatory parking charges.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I would rate this property okay! Our stay was during racing season (Traver's Cup weekend). Granted it's a busy time of year, but the room was so dirty!!!! The bathroom in particular. We were so grossed out! I found myself cleaning questionable hair off the bathroom floor that did not belong to us. Gross! We all know that hotel/motel rooms overall are not clean. Come on. At least, sweep the floor. Thank God we brought disenfectants. Also, the toilet barely flushed. We almost needed to plunge it several times. The room was just under $600 a night. I stayed here in 04 and it was alot cleaner. For that kind of money, I expect alot more. Also, we had to request toilet paper shortly after checking in. It's too bad about the room because the staff was so nice. I guess they don't care since race season is so short. I would not recommend staying here. If you are with a group, I would look into renting a house.

• Liked — The Staff
  • Disliked — Dirty room and bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends