“Spacious and Serene Room”

The Saratoga Hilton
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Rochester, New York
“Spacious and Serene Room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2010

I like staying at this hotel.
We stayed here midweek in a spacious balcony room; I enjoyed slipping outside for a bit of sun, brisk air and a look around.
The decor is sleek, calm and neutral with quality finishes and a bit of panache. A unified design is apparent in details like plumbing fixtures and lighting.
I appreciated having access to a good fitness room, and a decent pool as well.
During my visit, the restaurant was closed, but room service was available (lunch and dinner) from the adequate Bryant Inn next door, and the coffee\ gift shop offered convenience store type pastries and breakfast sandwiches. With many great breakfast options in close proximity to the hotel, this was not a big deal.
I walked everywhere from a perfectly convenient location.
There's always room for improvement, so I suppose the carpet could be newer, and a flat screen TV might be desired. My room did not have a fridge to keep goodies, but in my case, the balcony was a good substitute!
Service was brilliant. Management very accomodating; they allowed me a later check out, a great convenience for me.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

The housekeeper Melissa Moshier did agood job. I asked her to let me in my room because I left my key .She asked to see my idedentifcation. I was very glad she DID. I was at another hotel. and they gave me a key to my friends room and never asked me for indentifacation , that bother me because I actually gave the wrong room number.
So i Was happy when Melissa asked for proper ID.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed here for one night en route to the US Open.
The location is perfect to enjoy Saratoga and the strip! Walking distance to everything.

Rooms are recently renovated with friendly staff too.

Would recommend this Hilton!

• Stayed September 2010
Chittenango, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

So, I'm not 100% sure why this property gets a bad rap on TripAdvisor. I've now stayed at all 3 Hilton properties in town. The Hampton, the Hilton Garden, and now the Saratoga Hilton.

Of all the properties, the Saratoga Hilton recognized by Diamond status the most. Free breakfast, free bottles of water, free upgrade to a suite, plus my bonus points, parking is free as a diamond member. As a hhonors member, I appreciate all of that.

The upgraded room was nice. New furniture, decent bed, bathroom, etc.

The wireless was a bit slow, but i've had MUCH slower at Hampton Inn's around the country. Honestly, its just fine.

The airconditioning isnt noisy and old like others have posted. Its the same window style unit that you'll see in every Hampton Inn across the country. It wasnt more or less noisy.

The desk and desk chair were "real" height, and if you travel for business as much as I do, you'll know what that means. A real workable desk.

The HGI in town is nice, but its a HGI. Nothing special.
The HI in town is new, and unique, not a cookie cutter Hampton.
This Hilton is very nice too. I wouldnt overlook it because of the ratings below. Take it from a 140 nights a year on the road Hilton guy. You'll think its satisfactory and nice, especially if you're a diamond hhonors member.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
new york, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2010

I stayed at the Saratoga Hilton for 4 days while attending a work conference at their hotel - I thought my room was very clean, with a very nice, updated bathroom, nice, chic simple bedroom decor, the bed was sooo comfortable, and I liked that the shade blocked the light so you got a good nights sleep! We did get a paper (USA Today) delivered every work morning, but dont expect one on the weekend morning - The food served at the conference was decent, some things were better than others - I wished they had offered a few more health options at breakfast, such as hot oatmeal and greek yogurt - Great location, walk right into town, although you are at the far end of Broadway so you are not smack in the middle of the busy downtown area, but the restaurants and shops are all so close and within walking distance - We walked through town and in and around Memorial Park - such a beautiful park. We only ate one night out, at The Old Bryn Inn - very delicious meals at reasonable prices. Be sure to pick up the Saratoga discount card to get 10% off at many restaurants and shops in town - The hotel had a bunch of them, along with a brochure w/ a map of downtown Saratoga -

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
USA/Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

I've stayed in many Hilton Family hotels and this one is a real average. I'm usually upgraded when I check in (Diamond Member) and this one downgraded me... ??? I had to run back to the front desk and complain about the room type and then they switched me to another room. Not impress by the fron desk staff. The hotel itself is clean, not that recent, but okay, and have all amenities. The restaurant (Union Grille) is awful for breakfast and wasn't that cleaned from the previous nights both mornings I was there. And the internet connectivity is weak, really really slow. They should have wired access in the rooms, it would be much better.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Ravenna, Italy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

This hotel is in a wonderful location. .. right on Broadway and within walking distance of all the down town of Saratoga Springs. It is with out doubt one of the ugliest hotels that I have ever stayed in. The lobby is very big with about 6 brown leather chairs. The people at the front desk are very professional. In fact, everyone woking at this hotel are very friendly and helpful.
the room that we had was dark, cold and miserable. The widows were covered with bamboo blinds.!! The bath room was small and had not been serviced since the place was built. the drain clogged up and would not drain, the toilet was so low that you touch the water when you sat down.

Breakfast is not included and the breakfast that is offered is expensive..which in some hotels is par for the course. There is a Hampton Inn very near this Hilton that serves a marvelous breakfast that is factored into the price of the room .

They said a paper would be delivered to your room each morning...wrong, no paper!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple