This hotel is mostly fantastic and some minor needs improvement. First the great:
1) the grounds are beautiful
2) The staff goes out of the way to assist you in any way they can. From the guy opening the front door to the desk clerks who can't do enough to help.
3) The shuttle service to town, the casino and the racetrack is outstanding. You can actually enjoy the town without the hassle of parking.
Now the needs improvement:
The hotel is old and much of the age is well maintained gracefully in the rooms, however; There were 2 cracked windows in our bathroom, the blinds were broken in one spot and the grate covering one of the air conditioners was cracked. All of these things are minor and does not detract from the overall experience
If you have the opportunity you should stay here for one day at least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Some places are just different. You feel it. You sense it. And when you're there it welcomes you. It encourages you, and it leaves you in a better place than when you arrived. A place that is legendary for making people feel better. It's not just a hotel. It's the cure for what ails you. The Gideon Putnm is a classic boutique hotel located in resort-like setting of Saratoga Spa State Park, minutes from downtown Saratoga Springs and the Adirondack Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your The Gideon Putnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gideon Putnam Saratoga Springs