We went to go Zip-lining at Hunter Mountain and this is one place to camp that was close by. It's definitely a family and dog friendly place. On Memorial Day weekend, every campsite was taken so there were families, kids and pets all over the place. Their competition, Rip Van Winkle Campsite, is only up the road and it looked a bit more upscale than the KOA and I hope to stay there at some other time so that I can compare the two.
- Family and pet friendly (they even have dog poop bags to clean up on the pet walk)
- Lots of activities to keep children busy (big wheel-type bike rentals, wooden playhouse, swimming pool, arcade, small pond for fishing, miniature golf course)
- Laundry room, nice store and bathrooms were rather clean.
- Noisy at night (The owners try to keep it quiet at night but it's an uphill battle...)
- Not roomy, the campsites are very close together and it seems that they tried to fit too many sites into one area.
- I saw the owners scolding kids and campers quite a bit over the weekend. They are nice if you obey all of the rules but they have a nasty side too.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking