Saugerties/Woodstock KOA Campground
  • Free Internet
US$93
ComfortInn
Average 3/5
Diamond Mills Hotel(Saugerties)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$248
US$119
US$200
US$146
Good 3.5/5
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$121
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$120
Courtyard
Total Tennis(Saugerties)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspull thruplay groundpool was heatedeasy accesswi fienjoyed our staywaynecampgroundsitecampingbunkhookelectricityporchhudsonthruwayny
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We needed a big-rig and pet-friendly spot for the night, and this was great for us. We got in much later than we expected... we called ahead of time, and the owners waited up to check us in. Even so late, they escorted us to our site and made sure we had everything we needed. Our pull-through site was PLENTY long enough for us, and would have easily had room for an awning, if we had put it up. These days, so many "big-rig friendly" pull-through spots are essentialy a wide-open, gravel parking lot. This was a pleasant surprise, in that the whole campground is heavily wooded - you're definitely at one with nature. Naturally, our satellite TV didn't work, but their cable TV was clear, with plenty of channels. I especially loved the fenced-in dog park. It was big and clean, and even had some small agility equipment for the dogs to play on. We'll definitely stay here again - hopefully for more than just one night.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We have stayed here many times over the years. We spent one night here this summer as we were passing through and, we just booked Columbus day weekend. I have never had a bad experience here. Wayne and Gail are very friendly, as are the rest of the staff. Some of the sites are close together, the pool was clean when we were there, they fixed the road leading in the campground this summer, as far as people complaining about dirty things, it seams to me the bathrooms were dirty later at night. Dont you think they are going to be dirty after hours?
As far pine needles on the jumpy house and play ground, look up people, they pine needles have to fall some where.
When you check in they escort you to your site and the always stay and help you back in. This something you don't even see in some of the high end resorts. The frisbee golf course is fun as is the mini golf. The fishing pond seems to be stocked well. They have a geocaching(google it) course. Arts and crafts are FREE. The camp store is well stocked and priced right.
There are awesome resteraunts within minutes of the campground.

Bottom line is its a great value for your dollar.
You are never going to make everybody happy.
We have camper here in a 30 foot travel trailer and our friends tent camp.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2012

This was a stopover for us and worked ok for that reason. The site was a pull though but so near trees we could not use the awning but luckily it was very shady and was not needed. Some of the sites were closer to each other than others. The area we camped in was quite tight but campground was not nearly full so that didn't present a problem.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We love the KOA and go several times in the summer. The bouncy house, playground and pool were all in perfect order this past weekend. The owners stayed up late waiting for us to check in on Friday and were friendly as always. (Though they are New Yorkers, so they're not particularly warm and fuzzy!) I feel like I never see litter there and the bathrooms are kept up. I guess if you're a hardcore camper, then the fact that the sites are right next to each other and there are a lot of kids running around might make it feel less wilderness-y than you might like. And if you prefer a hotel, well...this isn't a hotel. But in the winter we pay $140 for the nearby Hampton Inn, or $250 for the Emerson hotel, and honestly, our kids are MUCH happier with the $75 KOA cabins. They run around outside all day, happy as can be, and we adults enjoy sitting around a campfire. It's a nice hang!

Room Tip: Cabins 1 and 2 are right across from the office; the rest are further back in the wooded areas.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2012

NEVER in my many years of camping have I ever experienced such INHOSPITABLE camp owners. After driving 3 hrs, our family arrived at around 12:30pm. We knew check in was not until 2pm but usually, if the site is not occupied, places usually allow you to go to your site so you can set up. At the general store there was a sign saying that if no one was there, to buzz the call button on the walkie talkie they had hanging and someone would come out. So I buzzed it once and waited with my 2 kids anxiously waiting to start their first camping trip of the season.

The woman, I am assuming she was the owner came out looking annoyed and asked me what I wanted. I explained to her that we had reservations and was wondering if we could check in. She told me check in was at 2pm, so I asked if there was something we could do in the meantime. She sounded annoyed and hastily told us we could play on the playground. When I asked her if there was a map she could give us, she asked me if I wanted one of the campground or the area. It was our first time so I asked for both if she had them. She huffed and puffed because she had to unlock the door to the camp store to get the maps.

Then she started to mutter under her breath that if she had to go in, she might as well check me in and that she was TRYING to have lunch and this was the second time she was interrupted. She continued to fret that her lunch was interrupted and then after giving us the keys she told me "Next time, DON'T come before 2pm!!!!!" and then stomped off back to her house next to the store. I wanted to tell her not to worry that there would not be a next time.

Seriously?! Even if 5 start hotels, if your room is ready and you arrive early, you'll get your room. If lunch is so sacred, then post a sign telling people to come back later!

The pictures are very deceiving! The playground was very dirty, the bounce house was not inflated at all during our stay and was covered in pine needles and did not look like it had been used in quite some time. Guess how disappointed the kids were when I told them there would be one! We stayed in a cabin which was full of carpenter ants especially on the bunk beds and in the bathroom! We had to go out and buy ant traps there were so many! Their camp flyer said that a truck would come by to pick up garbage if we left it in front of our site, but no one ever came.

If you are going to visit this area, I am sure there are other friendlier camp sites. I would definitely NOT recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family