“We went back, for round 2!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Renwick Clifton House
Ranked #6 of 16 Saugerties B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We loved our first trip to the Renwick so much, we returned a year later. Again, Miriam and her husband are the best hosts, they are always available if you have questions, and feed you very well during your stay at their beautiful B&B...Miriam is an excellent cook and her breakfasts are the perfect way to start a day of seeing sights or exploring the historical neighborhoods near Saugerties....I look forward to returning to the Renwick a 3rd and 4th time! It's private, cozy, romantic and quiet....this 3 day weekend in June was the most relaxing weekend I had spent in a very long time...and I enjoyed every mintue! Thank you Miriam and Eric!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TalineLovesRoadtrips

Reviewed 12 August 2009

After a recent weekend with innkeepers Miriam and Eric at the Renwick Clifton House, it's going to be hard to merely settle for a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton. Quite frankly, they have raised the bar on the B&B experience with their fabulous location (great Hudson view/ uber-hip town or Saugerties); their unobtrusive but kind demeanor; the over-the-top accomodations (the fabulous Mary Powell Room pictured on the website was even more delicious in person); and breakfasts to die for. I'm not normally a "morning person" or "breakfast person" but found myself bounding out of bed an an uncharacteristic hour just to experience their marvelous meal.
I found the RC House by cruising around TripAdvisor, and having benefited from TripAdvisor tips over many years, I now feel compelled to post my first review. I traveled to the area to visit my niece at Bard (working their Summerscape series) while knowing little about Hudson Valley acomodations. The Renwick Clifton House far exceeded my expectations in every way possible. We left after 2 nights to continue on to Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz. Honestly, while the place had a certain amount of charm (along with miles of walking trails), my partner & I looked at each other and said, "Maybe we should have just stayed in Sacugerties." Nonetheless, we stuck it out at Mohonk, but Miriam & Eric, we're definitely coming back. Looking forward to our next visit --thanks for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple