Total Tennis
US$142
Hotels.com
US$211
US$200
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$175
Residence Inn
All reviewsindoor courtsprivate lessonhot tubmain buildingskill levelclay courtsround robinthe barnsaturday nighthealthy foodcherry hillclean towelsthe tri state areaculinary institutecan't wait to go backboard gamessitting room
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I returned yesterday from a 2-day weekend of tennis with a friend. You go here for the tennis, not for the accommodations. Our instructor for the weekend was Than (amazing) and we were paired with like skilled tennis players. Just when you think you've had enough tennis, there is more. I will say the rooms need to be renovated. We stayed in cabin #31 (very quiet) but it looks like it will fall apart any minute. The bathrooms are circa 1970. There are no toiletries provided other than a very small bar of soap. No TV's or WI-FI in rooms. However, you go for the tennis and not the rooms. The food is extremely good. The salad bar is fully stocked and the coffee is brewing at 6:30. They do offer a fully stocked bar. They serve 90 acres wine. They allow you to BYO but have a $5 corking fee (a bit high). I would recommend bringing snacks for in between meals. They have fruit available but no protein bars or nut bars. So, unless you want to run to the CVS in Saugerties, come prepared.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, stay in the cabins. They have a DJ on Saturday nights in the barn, so don't stay above the barn. The rooms in the lodge have been renovated.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ben C
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Tennis staff very good, attentive and nice. Ed who is the manager has a major attitude problem. He has very little regard for the customer and is nasty. I would not return as he is extremely rude.He is from another planet. Never seen anything like him. Accommodations very
basic, no tv ,phones internet in rooms. Small rooms. Food good. Gym is not well maintained. Clinics were crowded in some sessions. Balls were not lively ( many dead) and courts need work. Pros good. Property is not maintained well and needs work. Guests are very nice and met very nice people. I went w friends and had a great time as tennis was lots of fun. I love tennis , so I if I get a chance to play,I am happy. All in all I would not go back. Ed was just too nasty.

I would not go back.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Ali B
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just returned from a Sunday to Tuesday stay with 3 friends. We had no idea what to expect and the experience went far beyond our expectations! The rooms are very simple, but clean and comfortable. The rooms where we stayed had decks with rocking chairs, but the weather was too cold to be outside. the lodge centers around a fireplace with comfortable chairs and couches and plenty of space to socialize. The food was AMAZING, we were totally blown away at each and every meal!
our tennis instructor, Mike was so patient, positive and skilled at teaching the game! I feel I learned so much in just 2 days! we are already talking about going back! on top of that we had amazing massages at the spa. If you love tennis, great food and don't mind basic accommodations this is a superb getaway!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank trumom99
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I went up to Total Tennis with a small group for a weekend in early Spring, 2014. Overall, it was a good experience, and I will likely return.

The tennis is geared toward an adult, moderate player, with limited options if you are younger, better and really want to dial it up in terms of intensity (both tennis and fitness).

~4 hours of tennis per day can either be a lot of not enough, depending on what you're looking for. I was hoping for an opportunity for competitive matches, but this may be dependent on weather (more outdoor courts) and other players' skill levels.

Merits
--> good overall value (meals, lodging, tennis, extras)
--> outstanding tennis coach
--> great 30 minute private lesson
--> engaging drills
--> wow! really, really good food!
--> open bar on Saturday night
--> eco-sustainable organic composting planet love!

Considerations
--> way, way, WAY too many dead balls
--> spartan, outdated accommodations
--> 8 on a court for about 20% of the time
--> uncomfortable beds
--> highly sensitive shower temp settings

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank DS3131985
Reviewed 14 March 2014

BEWARE..MAKE SURE THE CHEF IS NOT ON VACATION WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS AND BRING YOUR OWN BOTTLE OF WATER BECAUSE ED CHARGES YOU FOR BOTTLED WATER! Our group has been to TT 4 times. First 3 times everything was great. The instructors very good & the food FANTASTIC. Our tennis group (7 players) booked a week-end this January, 2014. Our instructor, Tony was the best! The instructions very good. The food was TERRIBLE! The Owner Ed, was nasty. He was nasty in previous years but we ignored it because everything @ TT was so good. This time, when we tried to tell Ed how terrible the food was, he said nothing, ignored us & walked away. Part of the reputation of TT is the fabulous food. Seems this week-end they had the busboys doing (what was called) cooking. So we paid more for less. So again, I tell you to make sure the chef is working the week-end you are booking and bring your own bottled water because Ed charges for bottled water.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends