Diamond Mills Hotel
US$119
US$200
US$146
Travelocity
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$121
Residence Inn
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$120
Courtyard
Total Tennis(Saugerties)
All reviewsturn down servicewaterfall viewradiant heattavern restaurantbeautiful hotelmini barclassical music playinglovely roomhudson valleyheated floorsclosed monday and tuesdaylarge balconyfolded nicelydeluxe kinghandwritten notetake turnsearly april
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel looks great and they will certainly open the door for you. However if you have any interest in the view of falls you will have to settle for having ants in you room. My wife and I were told that it is " ant season" right now and they get in the room through the balcony and there is nothing the hotel can do. I'm sorry but ants should not be in a hotel room I don't care where it is. I got the feeling from the staff that they don 't understand how to take care guests, I felt as if my wife and I were to blame for the ants. Overall the entire stay should have felt more 5 star, not Motel 6.

Room Tip: Don't go for the balcony as my wife and I were told your room will get ants!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked a very reasonable rate on JetSetter so we spent a Saturday evening. The room was really nice, large and clean with a great view of the falls. Dinner at the tavern was good too. There is not much to do in Saugerties but a one night stay was perfect.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Happytravelinfamily
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Wifi would not work in our room. IT guy was sent to help, admitted it didn't work, told us he was hired to fix this and other technical issues, but obviously has not fixed them yet. If you were thinking you could use your Verizon LTE signal think again, there is on LTE here, just 2 bars of weal 3G. God forbid you need to look at a spreadsheet or presentation, there is no way to download. When we asked to be moved to a different room with a better signal, the told us they were, "fully booked" and we couldn't change rooms. Oddly, there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot, and very few people at breakfast. It is my impression that they just couldn't be bothered. Also, if you were thinking about buying a few beers at the store and sticking them in the fridge, think again. There is a $250 fine for bringing out side liqour into the hotel. Business travelers, stear clear of this place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Joshua R
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stated at the Inn for a wedding and it was a real treat! We were greeted by a friendly staff and shown to our room by a gentleman who gave us an overview of all of the rooms features. The room was decorated perfectly and had the best view with a great deck area. We loved the beautifully appointed bed and radiant floors in the bathroom. Since we had traveled in that day and explored the town all morning we needed to rest a bit before the evening activities. This is when we fell in love....with the mattress!!!! It was truly the most comfortable bed either of us had ever had the pleasure of resting in and the lovely turn down chocolates were such an elegant touch. Dinner and brunch in the Tavern were very nice and the service was impressive. We had a wonderful stay at Diamond Mills and hope to return to Saugerties again in the warmer months!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 201 all the way at the end off the hall it was so quiet and the view of the waterfall was lovely!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This area does not have a lot of choices when in comes to a pleasant and reasonably priced place to spend the night. We booked a room on a cold March weekend here, through the internet and saved 50%, which was the first nice thing about it.

The room is very nice, with wonderful beds, plenty of pillows, heated bathroom floor, chocolates for the pillow (and my mouth), and some other nice touches. In my opinion, it's not the luxury Four Seasons, as some others have said, but a very nice boutique hotel. The view will knock your socks off, and I can only imagine the beauty in the summer. We had a complimentary glass of wine in the bar one night, and were encouraged to eat there by the manager, although we had other plans.

During your stay, make a reservation at Miss Lucy's right up the street -- we had a smashing dinner there and the staff is very friendly.

The two small negatives I would like to mention: The first is that it is kind of odd that the ONLY elevator to the rooms is about 6 feet from the front desk. This results in the staff jumping up to greet you every time you enter or exit the building and it did feel like they were keeping strict tabs on who was going up and down… good for security, bad for a sense of freedom.

The second is their policy of no alcohol from the outside in the rooms. This would not be an issue if the bar wasn't in a different building, quite a walk away. It's not convenient to bring up a hotel-purchased glass of wine to sit outside because of the distance, and the 1/2 bottles in the minibar are incredibly expensive.

But all in all I would love to stay there again and will the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family