“My guests and vendors are still complaining about the DM”

Diamond Mills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
New York
“My guests and vendors are still complaining about the DM”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had our wedding at the Diamond Mills earlier this year. My guests and vendors are still sharing stories about disorganization, rude staff (mostly upper management) and lack of 'care' being so evident in how the bridal party was treated. As the bride/groom we'll be writing a much more detailed review on wedding wire! Beware.

The only positive thing about the actual HOTEL is Gina and her front desk staff.

PS: there were ants in the bridal suite!

8 Thank TNCTraveler2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was in a friends wedding last month. While I loved the hotel staff and beautiful venue, the upper management could all use a lesson in customer service. The wedding planner was extremely unfriendly and rude and spoke down to us all weekend. She didn't lift a finger to help with anything. At the end of the night they immediately turned on all the lights on, started vacuuming and rounded up the center pieces before anyone could even take them. They even tried to say we needed to take out our own garbage. I could not believe how awful the planners personality was. Then when we went to the Tavern for breakfast the manager there was upset we were "unannounced" - even though the restaurant was open and they do not require reservations. We were instructed to "sit at tables of 4 or less or else your service will suck". They treated every table rudely - JUST FOR BEING THERE. I only put up with it at that point to be able to spend one last meal with the wedding party. We all deserved to be treated better by the staff. So disappointing. I really hope they change their management because the venue is absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
16 Thank Leighanne_M203
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I can't even begin with how horrible this place is. 1st rudest staff I have ever met, did nothing but complain about what the guests were doing at our wedding. It's a WEDDING! 2nd the open bar ran out of beer with an hour left and they said drink something else. It's and open bar, not a whatever we have left bar. 3rd the morning brunch was $40 a person for eggs and bacon, and when we asked to sit to get her we were told " the service will suck " The most
horrible, rude, unprofessional staff I have ever met. PLEASE don't make the mistake of booking with this place... Boo to you Diamond Mills.

Room Tip: Don't... Overpriced for a closet with a bed.
11 Thank matthew t
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Beautiful facility, wonderful views and great food. We're local; one of our aunts lived across the street in the 1950's - 1980's. We have fond, fond memories climbing Nanny Goat Hill and of the water. Event was for 23 people, seated luncheon, "host bar tab". Laurie handled us very well for the planning. On day of, Diamond Mills host greeted us and went over the specifics. We were in the "Library"; which has a comfortable and homey ambiance. Tina, our head waitress, was wonderful. Wait staff were efficient and unobtrusive, quickly added smaller tables when they saw we were a bit crammed. The salad had a delicious dressing. All guests were very pleased with their meals: Chicken Milano, Salmon Provencale or Rigatoni w. Shrimp. Trays of mini pastries for dessert were fabulous. We received boxed up pastries so we could take leftovers home. What a treat! There were no final cost surprises: $35 per person, room rental ($250), host bar tab plus service tip and taxes. This was a wonderful experience. There was a comfortable, elegance about The Tavern/Library.

New York, NY
Reviewed 30 June 2014

While I can say that I probably would not have considered visiting Saugerties soley to stay in this hotel, I was very happy that it was an option when I was invited to a family event in Saugerties for a weekend.

The Diamond Mills Hotel looks and smells brand new. The furnishing and infrastructure seems to be high end and the view of the waterfall from every room is truly unique and adds A LOT to the experience.

The attitude of the staff is excellent. However, it appears to be style over substance in certain areas of the hotel. For example, the food at the tavern was excellent but we had to wait 30 minutes to have someone take our order and another hour for the food to come. This was during a time where the restaurant was only 20% full. As I mentioned, the attitude of the staff was great but I would have given up some of those niceties for performance.

If you are ever in the area and need a place to stay, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closest to the waterfall. Some of the rooms farther away have their view obstructed b...
1 Thank ucannotbeserious
Lake Wales, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Attended a reception there a few weeks ago. A beautiful venue; spacious and scenic. The service was excellent and the employees were gracious.
Beautiful outside veranda. Diamond Mills Hotel is a real touch of elegance in the scenic town of Suagerties.

New York
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A post-funeral reception to celebrate the life of my beautiful sister-in-law was held at Diamond Mills a few weeks ago. Diamond Mills is a very special and beautiful venue! The open veranda overlooking the breathtaking waterfall was stunning! The food and service were wonderful and even the parking was a breeze. Although it was a sad occasion, the sensitivity and graciousness of the servers and employees was appreciated and I knew my sister-in-law was smiling down on all of us, after all, she sent a double-rainbow over the entire Hudson Valley to let us know! I highly recommend Diamond Mills for any of life's celebrations!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Diamond Mills Hotel? Share your experiences!