“really bad”

Dining options: Dinner
Saugerties, New York
“really bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just when you thought the Chinese food in Saugerties couldn't get any worse. The Pad Thai was horrible. As were the Cold Sesame Noodles. The scallion pancakes kept me from being totally angry with this take out experience.

Visited March 2014

“Great people, great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Very fresh, will cater to any variation of there dishes that you request. They offer vegetarian versions of 99% of there meals. The decorations aren't that great, but is definitely clean. Beautiful waterfront view too!

Saugerties, New York
“Really like this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

I just had my second experience with Ruyi Asian Cuisine and I have to say that I have been very happy with both. The first time we were there with a party of 7 and everyone enjoyed their food very much. I had Dragon and Phoenix which was very tasty. Today I went there for take out and everything was delicious. The shrimp fried rice was the way I remember it should be, and General Tso's shrimp was spicy without being overwhelming and the wonton soup was good too. Although I haven't used delivery so far, it is also nice to have a local Chinese restaurant that will deliver. All in all, I have been very pleased. This building has been many different restaurants in the past, some good and some bad, but this time it is a winner!

• Visited December 2013
SAUGERTIES
“Needs some work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013

I was happy to see that the restaurant was under new ownership. The restaurant is right on the Esopus creek and has nice views.
We had just gotten into town after traveling and were looking for a little quiet relaxation before getting back to the grind.
It was late afternoon and the parking lot was empty. It's winter, and the restaurant was cold, partly due to all the windows overlooking the water, and partly because they waited until people came in before turning up the heat (I can understand that..). We were seated right near a heater vent, and it wasn't long before we felt the warm air coming in.
The menu had extensive Thai, Japanese, and Chinese dishes with some cross-combined dishes that sounded interesting. Since we had been traveling and had not tried the restaurant under new ownership, we chose fairly safe dishes.
The combination platters, which include fried rice and an egg roll had a very good price and were advertised as available all day.
I ordered Kung Pao Shrimp, and my wife ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken.
I started with a nice glass of plum wine, whih helped with the initial chill.
The egg roll came out quickly, and seemed a little to stiff to be fresh. The main dishes came out right after the egg roll came out, and was a little disappointing.
The Kung Pao Shrimp was underseasoned and the shrimp was a little limp. It seemed like the peanuts were dropped on top instead of cooked with the dish.
My wife had a huge pile of fried Sweet and Sour Chicken, most of which she brought home.
The fried rice was also underseasoned and had an unfamiliar taste.
I'm hoping it was just a bad day, and I really like the spot, so we'll probably give it another try.
I think a much smaller menu with fresher food might be more successful.

• Visited January 2013
Hudson Valley
“Good Chinese, Thai and Japanese food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

We have tried Ruyi and it was pretty decent Asian food. The main dishes are especially tasty. The appetizers were a little bland but good. It is a relief to finally have an Asian restaurant in Saugerties again and they deliver! The prices are very reasonable. We will defintiely go back!

• Visited December 2012