“Great food, not so great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New World Home Cooking

New World Home Cooking
Reserve with OpenTable
New World Home Cooking is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 73 Restaurants in Saugerties
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Greenville
“Great food, not so great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

To start,I have to say the food was wonderful. The tastes were such a treat. The server was sweet and attentive. However, the atmosphere was lousy. It was so loud in the place my husband and I could not hear each other. It looks run down from the outside and the inside was not nice. It was not cozy or intimate. This is not a place to go for a quiet dinner for two. I am not a big fan of Woodstock either and that was the feel of the place. Maybe we can get our food to go?

1 Thank Virginia G

“Definitely Different!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I finally decided to try this restaurant because of all the good things we have heard about it. We where a little skeptical at first by the look of the building and the attire of some of the servers but we still decided to try it and we where not disappointed. The food was definitely different then what we are used to but it was unquestionably the best food we have had out in a while. We wanted to try the fish head soup just because thats something we have never seen but we ordered the calamari and tuna tartar and fried smelts instead which were huge hits! My husband has the sea bass special which was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious but I have to say I prefer the dish I got, the meatloaf. I would order this again in a heartbeat. We followed our dinner up with some desserts that did not disappoint either, the Nutella moouse, and three berry pie! Our server was knowledgable and was able to answer all questions we had, as well as suggesting the best things on the menu! All in all we will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Best meal in a long time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Last night me and my girlfriend decided to try new world because all our friends have been raving about how good the food is. The food was amazing!! The blacken. String beans were delicious and crunchy with some spice. The Black Sea bass special was beautiful the beets and baby carrots simply delicious. And the desserts are just to die for!! Great experience

Shenandoah Valley, VA
“Worst restaurant on our vacation, maybe ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We were so excited to try this restaurant, because we'd heard from a couple different sources how good it was. We were told that we had to try the blackened green beans and they tasted like gas. I got the meatloaf and it was okay, but my husband tasted it and said mine was way better (I'm not a chef by any means). My husband got a fiery hot pasta with eggplant meatballs. He said it had no taste other than just hot. He usually loves hot and spicy foods and the hotter the better, but he barely took four bites of this. We didn't even venture dessert and instead chose to buy a pint of ice cream at the local grocery store afterwards.

The atmosphere was so crappy. The tables wobbled and the landscaping was overgrown and unkempt. The waitress was extremely nice and quick, but she did tell us about how when they have parties there that there are leaks in the roof. She said it was awkward and difficult to steer patrons from the parts of the dining room where the roof are leaking. Even though this was the most expensive dinner on our trip, it was the one that we enjoyed the least. Save your money, time, and taste buds for other/better restaurants that Saugerties has to offer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Phenominally Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Friends brought us to this way, way out of the way restaurant. What a surprise!! It's out in the middle of nowhere (at least to us it seemed that way) and doesn't look like much from the outside. The food is a bit different which makes this place so damn outstanding! DO NOT pass up the pan blackened stringbean appetizer or the jerk chicken app. Out of this world. Beware of their spice numbers. If the wait staff tell you it's hot, you better believe them! The hanger steak was delicious as was their Ropa Vieja (pot roast...just a tad fatty). Their dessert of bananas foster was to die for. So glad we got to experience this great place!!

• Visited June 2013