“Small, welcoming, convenient, tasteful, tasty and reasonably priced.”
Review of Cafe Mezzaluna - CLOSED

Cafe Mezzaluna
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I saw in a review that someone wrote about it being in the middle of nowhere. In reality it is less than one mile outside of town, making it possibly the best and most accessible cafe within 5 miles, excluding some within the village. And even then it's one of the best places to eat. They often have live music as well as nice art, photography, and CDs of local artists for sale. You can tell a lot about a place when their bathroom reminds you of a 4-star bed and breakfast. Very nice people and the food is genuinely good. Also, they have great gelato! There used to be a hidden shop in the back that sold gems and rocks and stuff. Check it out if you go through.

2  Thank Connor M

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Driving from Woodstock to the Thruway there are not a lot of options for a quick stop. This restaurant appears in what looks like the middle of nowhere (no insult intended to the neighbors!)
Plenty of parking in the rear. Inside is a cheery dining room and a large bar. When I asked to do takeout, I was told sure, but not offered a menu. I got the sense from it that they have a lot of repeat customers who know what they want, and that those who stumble in the first time are rare. Once we settled that I needed a menu, I ordered and received a very nice but ordinary sandwich.
And while waiting, I spotted homemade cinnamon buns. I had it wrapped to go also, and am holding it for breakfast. Something to anticipate! I will definitely stop here again. Its far less intimidating that the Woodstock restaurants. I gave it an average, not because it was not good, only because I only had a sandwich and while good, it did not wow me. Maybe next time I will be wowed. The potential is there.

2  Thank CSSnowshoer
Reviewed 27 May 2014

While traversing in Saugerties for the wknd, we stumbled on Cafe Mezzaluna for a quick lunch. The hostess/owner (?) was warm and friendly and the food was delicious. Had a chicken caeser wrap and latino salad (with fresh garlic cilantro dressing). Both dishes were fresh and really well-made. The cafe also showcases cool local art on the walls for your viewing (and maybe even buying) pleasure! definitely recommend.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The atmosphere at Café Mezzaluna is warm and friendly. The display of art on the walls always has something interesting to offer. The menu is interesting and food is great. The brunch with Live Music is always a treat. Very comfortable and laid back. The owner, makes you feel at home. Most of all the food is wonderful. Never been disappointed! Music, Art, Entertainment, good food equals Café Mezzaluna.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

After passing Mezzaluna for years, we finally stopped in for brunch. The atmosphere was appealing, funky hippie, the service was good, the omelettes were excellent and the live music was an unexpected pleasure. I will happily eat there again.

Note, I don't give 5 star ratings unless the dining experience is truly stellar, but Mezzaluna is up there with the great 4 stars.