“So-So, OK restaurant in Saugerties”

Land & Sea Grill & Steak House
Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I always try to give my best impressions and rating when I write a little review for Trip Advisor, but honestly, I was not overly impressed with this restaurant.

It was not bad... but just not worth more than an average rating. They sometimes do have interesting special dishes (check the billboard out front), but I did not find anything out of the ordinary last time I was there.

I would recommend that you try it and make up your own mind, as this is just my opinion.

1  Thank Jonathan D

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Enjoyed our meals there very large portions and very rich food. The menu is traditional. Noticed a lot of older folks there. Not a place to find a heart healthy choice but very yummy. If you are not concerned about your waistline or blood pressure this is the place to indulge!

2  Thank ROXXZ
Reviewed 27 December 2013

After getting my first black bear (just started archery about a year ago), my brother took me out to this pllace for a victory steak. So damn good, highly recommend the elk steak.

2  Thank Bossman_Hank
Reviewed 30 November 2013

First time there as we were celebrating a real estate sale and successful closing. Met there for drinks, ending up having dinner. It was absolutely delicious: chose the special Hanger Steak. It was tender, cooked to absolute perfection, the vegetables were crisp and tasty, the bread was a delightful treat. Staff was friendly, attentive, professional, and the bartender Alex was the best!!!! He made a butt kicking marguerita!!! And I'm very critical having been a bartender and waitress myself for many years...I can't wait to go back!!
I would absolutely recommend this restaurant to anybody!!!Great to see local business with outstanding qualities!!
See you next week.
Sylvie Ross
Win Morrison Realty

3  Thank Sylvie R
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Could be a gem, but really needs a makeover. Food and service were average, nothing to celebrate. Upon entering the historic looking building, you are smacked in the face with a very strong smell of mustiness, mold, moisture, as if there is a foot of water in the basement. It almost sent me packing at that point, but it looked interesting so we ate. Men's room was in a state of disrepair and dismal. Shame, because this place could be a gem.