“awesome!!!”

Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I live in Clifton Park NY (~1.5 hours away from Saugerties) and stumbled upon this restaurant years ago by chance passing though on my way back from the city. Now I travel to eat here at least once a month. The atmosphere is superb--perfect for dates, family outings, or even business dinners. It's a small, family owned business. Everyone there has always been welcoming and the service is top notch. Food is always great. The chicken cordon bleu is to die for! The chef is very talented!! Not to mention I've seen Jimmy Fallon there a number of times!

My suggestion: try this place out! It's a jewel in this ever increasing world of chain restaurants and crappy diners

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mattt9898

Saugerties
“Don't eat here when it's crowded!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

This restaurant is really nothing spectacular; we've lived here all our lives and it's really just average at best. It's a small (claustrophobic) dining room and with average Italian food and sketchy service when busy, it's not worth the price of $24 plus entrees that don't arrive after waiting for them for an hour and a half! We will never eat there again and we were good customers until we had reservations and weren't seated for a whole half hour after being promised prompt seating. We then waited another 20 minutes for drinks and another 20 minutes for our appetizer and dinner order taken. Other people were seated after us and had food in front of them before our order was taken. The owner's wife then proceeded to have a long and loud conversation with a diner at the next table which procluded me from having any conversation with my wife at my table that she could hear. I then requested to be seated at the bar for our entrees and after another 20 minutes, we decided that one and a half hours of waiting for our entrees was too long. We think we were treated shabily and we are good customers! We ate here at least 7- 12 times a year, but somehow, when we brought our concerns to the owner, he thought that a one and a half hour wait for our entrees was acceptable. I think most restaurant owners would rather have had people eaten their entrees by one and a half hours rather than not having them served yet. We cancelled our entrees and paid for the appetizers and drinks because of the owners insensitive attitude and we will never eat there again after being good customers; (appetizers, entrees, desserts, 4+ drinks) for decades. Somehow we were lost in the shuffle of Valentines day and nobody made an effort to give us good service or respond to our requests for a better dining experience. Owner could have been nicer and more understanding, but decided that one and a half hours without our entrees served was acceptable and therefore we must just be frivolous and complaining for nothing - so be it! I have better dining in mind for my $150 worth than this over-rated, over-crowded (because it's small), really not that great, over-priced sham of a restaurant. This review is the least I can do after our terrible Valentines day treatment at the hands of an owner that should have just turned us away (even with reservations) rather than make us wait as long as we did for the entree that wouldn't arrive after an hour and thirty five minutes.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 575JamesC
“This place was spectacular!!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This place is spectacular!! Beyond my expectations!!! It has a very comfortable atmosphere with an amazing an welcoming staff! The food was cooked very well and flavorful!! The chef did and amazing job! I highly recommend going here for any type of Italian meal!

Saddle River, New Jersey
“Regular italian food like you'd get at a diner”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This place is ok if you want big portions and nice service. It's a real old fashioned italian place, with reasonable prices and lots of food. Went once before and thought it was better than it was the second time. It's hard to find good reasonable italian around there but I would rather next time go elsewhere and pay more.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank lutece
Hudson, New York
“So overrated: Italian diner food - but staff very gracious”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I don't understand all the raves. This was just pricey diner food. Everything had a thick gravy. Wine by the glass was mediocre. The staff made us feel very comfortable, but the food just didn't make it. There are many good restaurants in the area. Go instead to Land & Sea Grill for an upscale meal, go to New World Cafe for excellent food and comfy atmosphere, go to The Dutch Ale House for Tavern food, go to Cafe Mezzaluna for an offbeat atmosphere and good food, go to Love Bites for inventive brunch fare, excellent service, and the best coffee in Saugerties - go even to the slightly overrated Miss Lucy's Cafe which can be very good.

• Visited November 2012