“Resisted temptation to lick my fingers!”

Miss Lucy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Inspired food for the sophisticated palette in a homey, handing-aprons environment. To start, I ordered a blood orange margarita with sugar on the rim. It was a divine beginning. Next came the House Made Pappardelle Pasta with Blackened Shrimp. Often blackened shrimp are too black and spicy for me, but not this time. Each time I finished one, I hesitated before wiping my fingers in my napkin. I didn't want to! Just the right amount of seasoning and kick. The pasta was cooked to perfection in a light tomato cream sauce, just enough tomato to give it a salmon color. The Pot de Creme arrived with plenty of whipped cream and the chocolate cream was sans cinnamon, liquor or coffee flavoring. Just the way I like it with only a dash to vanilla added to the basic ingredients. I tasted my friend's Pan-Seared Scallops and his Apple Crisp with Carmelized Pear Ice Cream. Both wonderful, and Miss Lucy's give you a generous scoop of ice cream instead of the tiny token dollop you might often see. If I'd had one more day, I would have dined at Miss Lucy's Kitchen as soon as it opened in the morning.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

A delightful rustic place in the heart of Saugerties. We stopped in on a Sunday morning just as they were opening (11am) & the chef agreed to make a simple cheese & morning sausage omelet w/ yummy hash browns & a simple salad. I didn't think a simple dish would taste so good. They were willing to rearranged our request because they just opened which was quite nice of them. Then walk along Partition & Main to visit the delightful stores. The young merchants are bringing Saugerties alive. First Fridays are a real treat.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This place is what every place in the area should be like. the drink seletions were great. the desserts were homemade and imaginative, the food was fresh and delicious. My boyfriend had the pulled pork sandwich and I had crabcake benedict. Amazing. Also, the atmosphere was great with vintage yet chic furnishings. Loved it.

Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch on a Saturday. Great atmosphere, eclectic menu, good bar. Family friendly and sophisticated at the same time. Kids menu is standard fare but made to high kitchen standards. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our group of 5 had dinner here one night on a short road trip back to NYC and very glad we did. Such a wonderful experience...the produce was seasonal & local and a fantastic take on homely meals. Service was also very friendly and attentive. Would definitely recommend you eat here if you're in town or passing through.