We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Chateau and Tudor Rooms, Saugerties Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 16 Saugerties B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A memorable stay! Magical chateau accommodations and delectable breakfasts set the extra special tone to our weekend! We felt right at home with the warm hospitality of our hosts! The grounds were amongst the best views in the Catskills! Romantic, warm and welcoming !

Room Tip: We stayed in the Chateau room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2013

If you are looking for a romantic haven in the Hudson area, the Chateau room at the Saugerties B&B is the perfect escape. Adorned with elegant French decor and a wall of windows that filters in natural light the room is a bright, cozy space to escape to. The magnificent view of the rolling hills and lush grounds are visible from the room, but are better admired from the private green space outside. The shared pool is perfect for cooling off after a hot day in town, and watching the breathtaking sunset that melts into the pond at the base of the property. We had some time to explore the grounds and captured some great photos of the owners sculptures and worked up a sweat on a few of the hiking trails right off the property.

The lovely owners will bring a multiple course homemade breakfast to you and cater to your culinary whimsy (I was unable to eat the cheese strudel at breakfast and it was brought to my room later that day just in time for an afternoon snack). Not having to show up at a communal table at an obscenely early hour for breakfast just reinforced how unique this B&B is. You may prefer to stay to yourself, but both owners are interesting individuals and worth engaging in conversations about art, food and travel. The focus is on creating a personalized relaxing experience for guests and the owners do that perfectly!

Room Tip: Chateau room's outdoor green space (and breakfast area) is in full sun, while the Tudor room has...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2013

New Yorkers, I am about to let you in on something I may soon regret. Forget the cost and bother of flying abroad to Europe and simply drive to Saugerties for a stay with Benno & Josepha. A mere 100 mile drive will yield the most enchanting, mystical, and serene setting you could possibly imagine. This English Manor features a beautifully recreated French Chateau that was my surprise anniversary gift from my partner this week. I have traveled abroad several times and have been fortunate to spend much of that time in Europe. I don't think I have ever encountered the combination of privacy, whimsy, and sheer kindness that I experienced here. Josepha's warmth and humor is not to be upstaged by her unbelievable breakfast, which kept us full long into the afternoon. Benno's artistry is seen throughout the grounds. He was so easy to talk with and even shared a bit of his work with us, which was very special. We were so lucky to witness the horses grazing the grounds and sipped Perrier Jouet while watching the sun set over the Catskills. Truly memorable! My partner & I would love to return one day and would certainly recommend this getaway to loved ones, franco and anglophiles alike. Benno & Josepha, thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Room Tip: Both rooms are special. A couple will enjoy the Chateau while two double beds make the Tudor room a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Serene and peaceful. An equilibrium of rustic beauty and modern amenities. A hidden gem for its location and hospitality. The proprietors are warm, welcoming, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. It was a much needed experience for me. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this truly unique inn. We stayed in the Tudor Room. Its a large room with exposed beams, leaded glass windows, a big fireplace and 2 queen beds. The back door opens into a semi private cloistered space with amazing views of the Catskills. The patio area is comfortable with a pool and relaxing chairs. The view of the grounds is beautiful and walking around the grounds is a great experience. Josepha cooked us an amazing breakfast. It is a great place to stay for a weekend.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2012

During an idyllic week's stay in August 2012, my husband and I had the pleasure of staying in both the Chateau and the Tudor Rooms. One room was more beautiful than the other! Both offer stunning views, with the Chateau Room ideal for a romantic weekend, and the Tudor Room perfect for a luxurious extended stay. Furnishings for pool and patio, lawn and loggia are reminiscent of an Italian villa, and offer spellbound guests the shared views of an extraordinary Catskills vista. The breakfasts are exquisite - imaginative and delicious and fulsome, carrying one through easily to suppertime. One might travel the Loire Valley or the Lake District, Tuscany or Bavaria, and not find more glorious accommodations. Or hosts! Josepha and Benno are the epitome of grace and accommodation. They have an uncanny ability to be invisible throughout your stay, except at the moment or two you might need their service. The longer you stay, the more you will look for their utterly charming company.

Room Tip: The Chateau Room is cozier, and ideal for a romantic weekend. The Tudor is spacious, boasts a beaut...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary Jane M
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend while attending the HITS horse show. This fascinating place is hidden from the road and I cannot believe I have driven right past for so many years. There were 4 of us in the tudor room and it is lovely, like an old English hunt club type atmosphere. Our room was a part of a larger, castle like complex.We had our own private patio, with views of the Shawanagunk mountains that were breathtaking, along with the lovely Esopus creek meandering along the fields below. There are various sculptures adorning the grounds. There is a nice lap pool to take a dip in after a long, hot day, and the Chateaux is just minutes from town. We also had a great breakfast one morning with a delicious fritata and home made struedel. The only drawback was our airconditioner. It was a portable device and unbeknownst to us had to be emptied of water frquently or it would cease to function. Being that it was hot, I wound up emptying the container all night at about 2 hour intervals, needless to say I didn't sleep well. However the ambiance and graciousness of the hostess Josepha, more than made up for this short coming.

Room Tip: I would recommend the Chateax room as opposed to the Tudor if it is summer as the aircondition in th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Diamond Mills Hotel
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Bohemian Inn
Bohemian Inn
#6 of 16 in Saugerties

Been to Chateau and Tudor Rooms, Saugerties Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!