Comfort Inn Saugerties
  • Free Internet
US$145
US$211
US$200
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$164
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$164
Courtyard
Total Tennis(Saugerties)
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areathruway exitski tripindoor poolnext morninghunter mountainwould stay here againnothing fancyflat screen tvnice staymotelskiinglinenshitsnyc
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had an overnight stay in this hotel. Checkout time is 11 AM. I went out to breakfast and returned to my room at 10 AM to find all my belongings removed by the housecleaning staff. When I went to the front desk quite annoyed, they did not even know where my belongings were. It took the general manager to locate my possessions. How dare they enter your room before you have checked out!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank themerm19
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

We are sorry about the mix up with your checkout. The problem was caused when a guest came to the front desk to check out and gave us your room number. When the housekeeper
went to clean the room, she saw only very small bag packed and sitting on the floor. She belived that the guest had forgoten it. She brought it to the front desk where in was put on the back shelf. We assumed the guest would come back and get it. Again were are sorry, we didn't know you never checked out.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Room was clean, bathroom fine, bed good, breakfast ok, staff ok. Problem is no elevator and only one ice machine. So if you return in the evening and want ice if you're on the second floor you have to go up to the room to get ice bucket back down the steps and hall to the middle of the first dloor to get ice. On two of the three times I made the trip the machine was empty. One machine can't handle 60+ rooms.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nbat

Thank you for your review, I am pleased by the kind things you said about us.Yes it is true we don't have an elevator, but we do note that on our web page. i am sorry you had trouble getting ice , but sometimes guest just fill up large coolers depleting all the ice. It takes the machine some time to replenish the ice. I am sorry you had to wait.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times before when visiting relatives in the area, and was sorry to see that it has really gone downhill. The staff is discourteous and dishonest. I booked over the phone and asked if they needed my AAA member # to give me the best rate. The clerk told me that was not necessary, and that he was giving me their best possible rate. Later, I found out that I was not given the AAA rate, which would have saved me 10%! When I checked in, I was told that I was "lucky" to be staying in one of the "newly renovated" rooms. There was nothing new about it. The carpet was stained, the bathroom was filthy with old fixtures, mold and hair on the shower walls and mildew on the wallpaper. The comforters on the beds were covered in disgusting stains. When we drove into the parking lot one afternoon, we saw dozens of rats scurrying around the dumpster area, just feet from our parking space. I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door at night, and removed it when leaving my room in the morning (right in front of a maid and her cart). When I returned to my room at 9:00 pm that evening, I found that it had not been serviced. I was told by the arrogant front desk clerk that placing their DND sign on the outside of a guest room door at any time during a 24-hour period causes the room to be removed from the list of rooms to be serviced. Absurd!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Eefer
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

I am sorry you had so many problems with your last stay.
I hope you asked for the AAA discount on checkout. All of your issues
have been addressed and corrected. Please be advise because of your comments the desk clerk you spoke about no long works for the Comfort Inn. When there is a do not disturb sign
on a guest door under no circumstances will we enter a guest room unless it is a major emergency.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

This hotel is essentially in a car lot. You walk in and feel like you have immeadiatly been taken back to the 70's. All the rooms smell like the elderly. I can not describe the disgusting slop they call breakfast. Nothing is clean. My room was as dusty as the Sahara. Staff was rude and had no desire to help. All the halls were dark and musty. Probably filled with mold.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank ashires
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

I am sorry you felt so poorly about our hotel. It was just remolded a little over a year ago.So
your comment that were were still in the 70 is confusing.
Breakfast is served fresh every morning and is the same one that you will find in all Comfort Inns. I wish you would have personally discused your feelings with me when you stayed
with us. Again I am sorry we did not meet with your approval.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed here for two nights while on business in the area. Rooms were big and clean but are a little dated. Make sure you read the "how to use shower" sign at the front desk before going to take a shower! Took me a few good minutes to figure this one out.

Staff was friendly and accommodating. There were pet treats at the front desk for those staying with dogs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelGal418
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

The entire staff thanks you for you kind comments.
It was our pleasure to accommodate you.