“Better than expected!!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Atlanta, Georgia
“Better than expected!!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I have never been to a Comfort Inn before so I was weary based on the comments but I have to say, my stay was very good. I'd go back if I have work in the area again. The room and bathroom were clean (small stain on the carpet but not a big deal). The shower water was hot and the heat in the room worked great. The front desk person, whom I assumed was the manager was very courteous and helpful. I only stayed the night and was out long before the 11am check in so I didn't encounter the housekeeping staff. The location was great as it was right off the highway, our room was closer to the back so I didn't have problems with the highway noise. I didn't use the wireless internet but the TV was great with lots of channels. I also didn't stop for the free breakfast so I can't speak to that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank You so much for your kind review. I hope you will stay with us many times in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
VALATIE
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Talk about no frills. No elevator, no vending machines, no coffee past 10am, staff not helpful at all. I went to the desk looking for a vending machine for a beverage. No machines, the desk had bottled water for 1.25, I only had 1 dollar cash and a card. No go.......had to drink tap water. No one informed us there was breakfast, so we missed that too, and as I mentioned no coffee left. Paid $145.00 for one night, truly overpriced for the area. Not happy at all.

Room Tip: No tips......also, smelled very smokey.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank terryc361
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
I am so sorry that you missed breakfast. There were signs at the front desk and in your room which displayed the breakfast hours. I guess you didn't see them. Coffee is always available at the breakfast counter. Yes it is true that we don't have an elevator... But we are having one installed in the beginning of next year. Again I am sorry that our vending machine was in need of restocking but we do have one.

Travellers are raving about these Saugerties hotels

Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had just come from two nights in an Econo Lodge in the area, paid twice the price for 1/2 as good a facility. The lobby and breakfast areas are well done. The rooms have good furniture and are of adequate size. could use some new sheets and of course it is on the highway so there is some noise. Ask for a room that does not face highway. Well worth the very reasonable rates they charge.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
The entire staff thanks you for your kind comments.
We love to hear from great guests like yourself.
Thank You Again !
Central Square, New York
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed for one night with our dog. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The television worked well. The bathroom was clean and we had no trouble using the shower as others seemed to have in their reviews. The hotel staff was very nice. They have plenty of grass for walking the dog. The price of the room was a bit high but then all the motels in the area were over $100.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms #222 and #224, they are on either side of the stairwell. We heard people clunking their...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you.
Please come back and also tell your friends about this Comfort Inn.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the good. Convenient location-right off Thruway exit and central to a lot of Catskill sites. Close to our family wedding site. Kind of pricey for mediocre. Place is not being maintained well. Free breakfast was below average. Not enough seating for eating. Municipal water has funky smell. We use Comfort Inns a lot. This was my least favorie.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank James C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. We take them very seriously and
that is the way we can improve. Our breakfast is the standard one served in all Comfort
Inns. Yes you are correct that the seating area is small. In the beginning of next
year we plan to expand its size.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This hotel could be fine but it is showing signs of beginning to go down hill from lack of care. It is currently just holding at adequate but a number of things that occurred convinced us that the place is on its way to poor. Taken together it showed a lack of concern about keeping up any standards. When we arrived we found the hallway to be freezing cold (it was not hot outside-it was in the 60s outside). On the second day there we walked to the end of the hall and found that it was cold because the air conditioner in the hallway was set at 60 degrees. How hard would it have been for housekeeping to notice that and fix it? When we returned to our room on the second day, we found that the housekeeping had not actually done anything but pull the top cover over the beds. The pillows and sheets were just how we left them. The breakfast was half there, the trays for parts of it remained empty and the fruit we tried turned out to be rotten inside. And although it's a little thing, you couldn't get the shower to work without detailed directions and the only place they had those directions were on a tiny sign at the front desk--not in the room. They didn't bother to explain this when you checked in. It's not that the place is terrible, there just appears to be a general lack of interest in maintaining a quality place shown by the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank nxk6344
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
I am truly sorry that so many little things were overlooked by the staff. Your comments are so important because they will be shared with everyone responsible. As a result we can made your next stay as near as perfect as possible. Thank You
New York
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I had an overnight stay in this hotel. Checkout time is 11 AM. I went out to breakfast and returned to my room at 10 AM to find all my belongings removed by the housecleaning staff. When I went to the front desk quite annoyed, they did not even know where my belongings were. It took the general manager to locate my possessions. How dare they enter your room before you have checked out!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank themerm19
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
We are sorry about the mix up with your checkout. The problem was caused when a guest came to the front desk to check out and gave us your room number. When the housekeeper
went to clean the room, she saw only very small bag packed and sitting on the floor. She belived that the guest had forgoten it. She brought it to the front desk where in was put on the back shelf. We assumed the guest would come back and get it. Again were are sorry, we didn't know you never checked out.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!