“Good Value, Clean & Comfortable.”

Comfort Inn Saugerties
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed 27 November 2010

The walls are a bit thin, but I always pack ear plugs and I'd recommend that you do too.

Location is good. Close to I87 and with good connections to other areas of interest nearby. It's just on the edge of Saugerties, so you're just a short drive from lots of shops and there's even a few places within walking distance such as the diner just down the road.

My room was right next to the stairs, so I could hear people going up and down them, but once my ear plugs were in a good nights sleep was had. The room was a good size and the bedding was very clean and comfortable. There was a heater and air conditioning unit at one end of the room by the window, so it was was easily to keep things nice and warm despite the freezing temperatures outside.

Lots of parking, good service and a clean comfortable room. Perfect if you just want a safe choice in the area for not much money. Free wifi too along with a good selection of TV channels.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 11 October 2010

This hotel is right off the highway adjacent to the HJ and a diner. There is a tacky gazebo out front and the rooms facing away from the highway feature a distant mountain view and the local gas station snack shop. We were prepared for the worst given some previous reviews, but felt initially relieved by the cleanliness of the room and no sign of mysterious odors or stains. The room was very small for the price and did not resemble the photos online. The TV and remote were outdated. Upon returning to the room later in the evening, it became apparent that the soundproofing was poor as evidenced by hearing both neighbors TV sets. Nothing some ear plugs and a sound matching couldn't take care of. Unfortunately, in about twenty minutes, there was a fight outside our door that involved banging on doors and angry screaming. It felt as if someone was trying to get into our room although this was not the case. This went on for about ten minutes. Once things calmed down, my partner and I decided to leave. I had to make sure I got sleep for work early the next day and we didn't want to wait for round two. We drive back up to Albany at 10pm even though it would mean an extra hour drive in the morning rather then stay in this kind of place. The front desk staff was polite, and honored my request for a discount, stating that they could only give us the lowest room price, which was still a $70 discount. Not sure whether they could have done better, but I didn't want to fight and got out of there as soon as I could.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scout7232
Reviewed 11 August 2010

The room had a distinct odor upon arrival. We had to leave and purchase three air fresheners after the first ten minutes in our room. After putting them in our room the disgusting smell was still lingering in the room. The bathrooms were not clean and the beds were uncomfortable. There were also not enough television channels, but that is the least of their problems. The breakfast in the morning was subpar. For the price of this hotel, I will never be returning.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank suey14
Reviewed 11 July 2010

My granddaughter and I had already spent 2 nights at a Woodstock bed and breakfast that was booked for the weekend, so we spent the next 4 nights at the Comfort Inn. The price was very reasonable and the Continental Breakfast available at 6am was adequate and convenient.

Evidently the hotel has recently updated the lobby area, which is very comfortable and attractive. I suppose the next step is to upgrade the rooms...the one we had the first 3 nights was alright except for the bathroom which was cramped and the sink especially needed replacement.

As I am semi-handicapped, I finally thought to ask for a handicapped room for the last night...and what a difference! The handicapped bathroom was three times the size of the prior one and a delight to use! The bedroom area was also very comfortable.

One of the best things about the Comfort Inn was the friendly and professional staff (with one small exception). From the time I checked in until I left 4 days later, all my requests were quickly taken care of and several of the staff were incredibly helpful to me. The Comfort Inn--at least at this establishment--considers excellent customer service the highest priority!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2010

This hotel isn't on the same scale as some of my other reviews. It is a basic two-star motel off the NY State Throughway. I stayed here on a snowy night while passing through the area. I chose it because it was close to where I needed to be the next morning.

The room was clean but the furnishings were dated. The extra large king room had a nice new TV with good reception (with no PBS station) and a sofa which was great. However, it was on the Throughway side of the hotel which meant that it was super noisy. I wound up changing to a double on the other side of the building which was quieter but smaller with an older TV and a noisy heating unit (less annoying than the Throughway).

Wifi is available throughout (even if the instruction card in the room isn't relevant). Breakfast is fine. The older man working at the desk was super slow but meant well and took care of my needs.

This place is nicer than the typical Super 8 motel. My only complaint is that the common areas of the building and the hallways smell of cigarette smoke. While my non-smoking room was clean and smoke-free, the rest of the place reeks and that is why it gets 3 stars.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2010

This is one of two options right near the Throughway with convenient access to Windham and Hunter. Definitely sub-par but not so bad as to be a single star or categorically unacceptable.

Our room was cold on check in, a bit on the small side, and housekeeping left a bit to be desired. Some items in the room were in distressed / shabby condition. The strident notices at the lobby and in the room against theft of linens, room electronics, etc., were rather bizarre; surely an excess of the franchisee -- I can't believe that such notices are permitted in the Comfort Inn brand standard.

On the plus side, though, sound insulation against the Throughway was sufficient at least on our side (not the side only about 30 yards from the southbound lanes), and the breakfast was sufficient.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2010

Stayed one weekend night to visit Windham Mountain which was a good 30 to 45 minutes drive away. The hotel offers decent weekend AAA rate ($90-$104) comparing to the hotels ($200+) close to Windham Mountain. It also starts complimentary breakfast at 6:30am which allows us to be at the mountain to have a good start.

Rooms are clean. Paid a bit extra to get a larger room for a family of 4 with winter sport equipment. Small breakfast area with waffle iron. Coffee was too strong.... Food was just ok, not great.

There is no elevator to the rooms on the second floor. If you have a lot of luggage, you may want to request rooms on the first floor.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Hotel Vienna
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 7 in Windham

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!