“The Best Food in Sayville (or anywhere on the south shore)”

Cafe Joelle On Main Street
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Cafe Joelle has been an institution in this neighborhood for longer than I've been here (that being 11 years)! The food is consistently expertly prepared, and the chef has a knack for knowing how to combine various flavors to make a meal you won't forget. Each time I've been here, I have NEVER been disappointed. The soups are richly textured and flavored; the pastas are mouth-watering; and the main dishes are delectable. Everything from chicken to fish to burgers, Cafe Joelle has it all, but not so much as to make it a diner! This is a 5 star restaurant at 3 star prices (especially if you go at lunch)!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Good drinks, good food, but can be a little pricey for what it is. The mardi gras menu is a little bit of New Orleans in Long Island.

1  Thank gabriellep
Reviewed 1 July 2012

This restaurant is actually one of the reasons we moved to Sayville...lol The food and service are always wonderful. I recommend getting there by 5:30 to be sure and get a seat. Make sure you order the Wasabi Calamari. It's the best we've ever had!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been going to Cafe Joelle for over 10 years and I have to say - I have always had a wonderful experience. The waitstaff is fantastic and if you have to wait for a table...it is well worth the wait! I have introduced this place to everyone I know and they always want to go back again. It is a guaranteed winner for a casual lunch, romantic dinner or a special occasion. My personal favorite is the Rigatoni, Shrimp and Spinich in a Creamy Tomoto Sauce topped a dollop of delicious creamy goat cheese. A must try!!!!

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Liked that it was close to my workplace. Disliked it is not cozy enough. Menu is average.