“A Terrific Place for Seafood”
Review of Cull House

Cull House
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cleveland, Ohio
“A Terrific Place for Seafood”
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Our family dined here on a visit to the area. The Cull House is a great cross between a wonderful restaurant with great food and a casual place to get a meal or enjoy a drink with some friends at the bar.

We each had seafood meals and they were all excellent - scallops, shrimp, the seafood platter, the lobster "Shepard's pie" and the salmon were all first class. The service was top notch -an attentive waiter and quick service. The prices were very reasonable for the area and the quality of the meals we enjoyed.

There were some local people there who might frequent the place on a regular basis if my powers of observation are correct. They were enjoying the place and added to the friendly, casual atmosphere. I imagine I would be joining them often if I lived in this area. This is definitely a restaurant worth visiting more than once.

• Visited November 2013

Freeport, L.I., NY
“Takes you to New England coastal travel”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Had dinner at this restaurant with friends after leaf peeping. The interior reminded me of meals at New England coastal restaurants. Paper place mats on tables, with plastic utensils and napkins in a basket on the table. The menu was quite extensive, with mostly seafood entrees but beef and chicken was available. We all chose seafood in one form or another. I opted for the shrimp mac and cheese with the blue cheese crunch on top and throughout. If you love blue cheese, you will love this entrée. My husband had the Seafood Shepherd's pie and thought it quite good. Our friends had the Fried Fish and Chips and the Fried Seafood platter. They seemed to be enjoying the meal. The service was good and friendly. Prices were fair. We did not have room for dessert. We would certainly go back to eat there when we are in the neighborhood.

• Visited November 2013
Patchogue, New York
“A PLACE OF MAGIC”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stepping into The Cull House is like being transported to a quaint, tiny, New England seashore town. The food here also reiterates this feeling as well. The seafood is alsways fresh and the chef is always doing something innovative with the menu. A place where you can dress up or down and you always are treated with smiles and warm greetings by the staff. The owner John Casey is a 'salt of the sea" type of guy, a gentleman, a throw back to when men were chivelrous. Come one come all to "The Cull House", a slice of Maine in Sayville!

• Visited October 2013
new york metro
“a cozy place near the water with plastic utensils but good food”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This place is great real cozy and casual. Try oysters rockeffeler,, mussles, steak and jumbo shrimp I had a very nice pomegranate cosmo, and a really nice mini key lime pie for dessert. The service is real good and the prices are certainly fair. It's a real nice little place to try with a wonderful atmosphere. .

• Visited October 2013
Killeen, Texas
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We were in town on business and one of the local folks recommended this place. On the water, tables are close and cozy and service was good. Although the bartender is not very talented, the food is tasty. I had chowder and sweet potato fries......both were good but the fries were off the hook! They come with this maple dipping sauce, yummy! My friends had the calamari and oysters which I tried, and they were very good as well. I think this place is worth going to just because of the home town flare and atmosphere!

• Visited September 2013