“Tasty meal....but...”

Fig & Olive Westchester
Reserve with OpenTable
Fig & Olive Westchester is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 106 Restaurants in Scarsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: At FIG & OLIVE, we want to highlight our menu’s core ingredient of olive oil, which we use in place of butter in our dishes. From a sweet and delicate olive oil from the French Riviera that pairs well with a Steamed Lemon Sole Papillote to an assertive Spanish Picual or a Tuscan olive oil that holds its own with Seared Salmon with Fennel and Green Olives, and a green-fruit Provence olive oil that we serve with a Green Apple Sorbet. Our cuisine along with an elegant white, green and terra-cotta décor immerse our guests into the essence of the Mediterranean region.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It was very delicious.
Service was terrific. Nice looking arty presentations.
But it's was "cuisine de tiny". If you know what I mean.. Portions were a little small, for the prices.
And the bread they served with the oils was awful;
A big turn off To start a meal with lousy, tasteless bread.
Wouldn't go back....not worth the $$.
Can eat as well, for less, elsewhere.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Went on Sunday with a groupon and the entire experience was excellent. We were greeted by both the hostess and the manager and gave us the table we requested. We were given both the regular menu and a printed card stating what we were entitled to from the regular menu. The waiter was both knowledgable and pleasant. We started off with a cocktail each , a shared appetizer a flakely puff pastry with figs on a bed of arugula, it was both hot and crispy. (ordered a fig and olive salad an addition to share) which they split in the kitchen which was a nice touch. I had the lamb( asked for medium rare , was medium) the only complaint, and my boyfriend had the palella both were delicious . Had a glass of wine each(additional) and a shared dessert . Some of the groupons that we have used in the past left a lot to be desired. I can never understand that if a restaurant is on groupon it is to get people in to try their restaurant yet they will give less in the portions and make you feel like they are doing you a favor. Not the case with fig and olive. I will definitely be back!!!

1  Thank victoria060
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the second time my wife and I dined at this restaurant. And once again, we were not disappointed.
We used a $65 groupon to share one appetizer - we had six crostinis or tapas. 2 smoked salmon, 2 shrimp, goat cheese, and others that were beautifully prepared and plated and just delicious.

My wife had the 4 quite large lamp chops with eggplant, mashed potatoes and veggies. Succulent and tasty.

I had filet minion cooked perfectly with string beans, potato, veggies. Everything was plated with care considering that for a Sunday night the placed was booked solid due to groupons expiring next week.

We had tasty vanilla ice cream with fudge sauce for dessert.

And I should not forget our favorite wine- Malbec.

The groupon included one app, two entree, one dessert and two glasses of wine.

The server was efficient, knowledgeable, courteous an unobtrusive.

A bonus - abundant free parking.

1  Thank Boxter98
Reviewed 5 May 2014

a very nice restaurant-excellent service--good food-lovely ambiance but octopus must have been
cut razor thin thus no taste,no mouth feel,no chewiness.how clumsy and arrogant to serve it that
way. I would return but avoid razor thin [stingy] tuna carpaccio and octopus.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I was last at F & O about 2 yrs ago and remember having an enjoyable meal so when an attractive Groupon offer was made I decided to buy it. I've had some not so pleasant experiences at some restaurants using Groupon so I was apprehensive when I called to make a
Sat night reservation. That was made without a hitch. We were treated like first class patrons and the menu to choose from was virtually the same as the regular one. Our appetizers were just delicious. We (4) had 3 different entrees and from the pailla to the lamb chops to the filet mignon, everything was cooked to perfection and was delectable. Leonardo, our server, was personable, courteous and very helpful and knowledgeable when it came to ordering. Can't say enough nice things about F & O so give it a shot even without a GO. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.