“Excellent !”

Yamanoya Sushi
Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
“Excellent !”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great sushi and rolls. Rice has just the right texture and moistness, fish is super fresh and smooth.

• Visited June 2014

New York
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hideaway in a neighborhood setting. Very clean friendly place. Came with my husband, daughter & her boyfriend. The food was amazing! One of my favorites was the Snow White sushi roll. The others enjoyed the Spider Webb roll. The vegetable rice was yummy as well as the seafood noodle dish.
Highly recommend trying this place!! I will be back for sure!!

New York City, New York
“Outstanding Sushi in Scarsdale”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Just to preface this review, my family and I eat sushi at least once a week locally, so we have sampled a great many sushi places in Westchester. We live in Scarsdale, and although there are a number of sushi restaurants to choose from, we've found the local staples good, but somewhat tired (Haiku, Kirari, SEA, etc.)...what a pleasant surprise to have Yamanoya enter the scene!!

We sampled several rolls from their regular menu (Neptune, Tiger, Mermaid), as well as several pieces of simple nigiri sushi. Our son (not a fish eater) had the chicken teriyaki and the gyoza. The most important part, the fish, was very fresh and buttery, and the rolls were inventive, delicious combinations. My personal favorite was the Neptune, which is crab/spicy tuna/avocado, topped with raw scallop and lime - fantastic!

To top off the experience, we were pleased to have met the owner, Yvonne, when we picked up our order - she was very pleasant and genuinely interested in our experience (if you are reading, Yvonne, I suppose the above speaks for itself).

In short, I would share the sentiment of the reviews already entered...excellent sushi - easily the best in Scarsdale, and certainly among the best in Westchester.

• Visited February 2014