“Good for delivery Chinese”
Review of Golden House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden House
Ranked #160 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Not gourmet, but good and consistent delivered food. Great spare ribs, pretty good General's, egg rolls, egg foo young...

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Wow, Schenectady...Not a good sign!! Your highest rated Chinese restaurant in town ranks 72 out of 203 restaurants overall,.. and THIS establishment, which is the second-highest ranked Chinese restaurant, ranks 90th of 203 in all cuisines. I guess good Chinese food is not a priority here.
This food is just awful. I've orderedTake Out about 5 times so far. The first time, it was actually pretty good. The pork with garlic and string beans was tasty and made of actual sliced pork. But the next time I ordered the exact same dish, the pork came shredded. Less meat, and this time run through a grinder. I kept going back, in the hopes of finding a decent dish. Today I ordered one of the Chef's Specials (instead of one of the usual Lunch Combos). I figured I'd give the Mongolian Beef a try. The description poorly describes what you get, at least in terms of vegetables. In fact, it's the same old vegetables thrown into virtually every Chinese dish in every cheap Chinese Take-out Dive just about anywhere. And the beef is not really sliced directly from real meat. The meat has been ground up and processed. What appears to be chunks or slices of beef are actually fatty, gelatenous globs that sort of taste like beef scraps pressed into irregular shapes. As soon as I thought about what it was I was chewing-- and challenged the idea of it being an actual slice of real meat-- I discovered I was wrong, and then immediately lost my appetite. After a couple more bites, it ended up in the garbage... which makes a $10 Chef's Special... very expensive in the end. I guess I'm done here.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Went every week. In December 2012 the food changed. Noodles, sauces, texture of chicken. First we thought it was that they were not able to get their supplies due to hurricaine sandy but still not as yummy as before. Going to look elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We get take out from here at least once a week and it's consistently great!

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was surprised to see how many choices there were on the menu. I ended up getting the General Tso's Chicken and it was very good. It was prepared quickly (less than ten minutes) and the staff was nice. Order ahead of time if you want to avoid the wait.

1  Thank Chris L