“Hidden Gem!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Schenectady
Plattsburgh, New York
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was a little leery staying here because of the reviews but the price was right so I booked anyway.
The hotel was quaint, clean and looked to be newly renovated. My room was new and tastefully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the towels were thick and luxurious.

Staff extremely pleasant. After a long trip, I inquired about places that delivered. I no sooner got to my room and the desk clerk appeared with 3 - 4 menus that they pulled up on line just for me!

I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank lomein01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is not a five star hotel nor does it charge five star prices. It is a perfectly decent, clean, well furnished hotel. Not sure why the griping reviews which almost made me not come here. Must be from people who don't stay in a lot of hotels so do not understand what should be expected at what price range. Its somewhere between a Hampton Inn and a Motel 6.
My bathroom had recently been redone and was as nice as anywhere.
Towels and bedding all good quality. Bed comfy.
The windows open. Hooray.
Lots of parking in a safe area.
No outside or inside noise.
Computer in lobby for business use.
Staff extremely pleasant.
Quick in and out. Next time I pass through I will stay here instead of dealing with the mess of downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here December 26, 2013. As soon as we arrived at the hotel my son stepped out of the van, took one step and wiped out onto his back smashing his head and falling on his brand new iPad. He is not a kid who complains but all night needed to lay on his stomach with ice on his back. When I went in and told the lady at the desk she very defensively said " I put salt down but I will tell my manager". I was offended and upset about my child being hurt and asked the manager's name. I was told the manager would be in in the morning. She was in and she was as rude as could be, she didn't even apologize or ask how my son was she just informed me she informed the insurance company and stated "it's icy outside and the lady from last night said she put down salt". I then informed her she just needed to watch the hotel surveillance tape to see how icy it was and see how my child stepped out of our van and wiped out smashing his head. I informed her I wanted the insurance companies name and information as well as a copy of the report she submitted. She did so but acted like I was a great big bother. To this date I have not heard from their insurance company or the owners inquiring how my 10 year old child has been feeling. The hotel is always cold in the winter as the door opens directly into the lobby, the place is dark and has no amenities but the location is conveniently located close to family. But, after terrible treatment and lack of empathy we received I will be staying in Albany from now on due to the terrible attitudes and lack of concern for my child.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Brigid B
Virginia
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed here recently for a family reunion and for that purpose it was fine--our family occupied the lower floor entirely and pretty much took over the lobby in the mornings and evenings. The staff was super helpful and more than happy to have us take over the way we did, but I'm not sure how the other guests might have felt about that. The rooms are in serious need of updating...ours was huge, but looked like it hadn't been refreshed in a decade. There was even a hole in the wall where a coat hook on the door had bashed through the plaster. Oops. Even the magazines in the room were behind the times--the "what to do around here" magazine on the desk was 18 months old. But, the property is clean, the staff is great, there was free wifi, and it was convenient to where we were going and to I-90. I don't know how our rate compared with what a single party would pay, because we were in a large group booking and so got a rate.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tkelly7
Schenectady
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I recently had my wedding reception at Mallozzi's Ballroom and the majority of guest were from out of town. Worked with the General Manager, a very nice young girl named Shannon and actually was called my one of the Mallozzis, Christine. They both helped us work out the details and we actually filled every room.
Some of my guests stayed for more than one night and didn't want to leave!
I am very satisfied with the way things went and we plan to have our future family events that require out of towners stay with the Mallozzis at the Belvedere.

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing, book the wedding suite if you can, its AMAZING!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Adam F
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Was very excited to have a decent hotel finally in Rotterdam. Sadly to say this hotel went down hill. Rooms are outdated carpet desperately need replaced. Management missing from front desk, or lack of...especially when a wedding takes place in there resturant the party seems to be allowed to continue in the loby with no regard to others who paid to stay in the hotel. This is not the first time this has occured. For the same price go stay at the Hampton Inn on State street Much much better value. We will not stay again unless big changes start happening

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank 1runner1
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Really dissapointed in the Belvedere hotel. This hotel is owned by a family well known for its excellent food and service and this hotel does not match up with what it should be. Came into town for a family event and stayed 5 days at the hotel. My husband and I and my 1 month old daughter did not need room service on the 2nd day we were there but we did on the 3rd. I was changing my daughter in the bed and she had an accident in the bed. I cleaned it up the best I could but knew we needed new sheets. We put the sign on the door for room service and left the room at 11:15 am. When we returned at 10pm there was NOTHING cleaned! No beds made, no trash taken out, no fresh towels. The sign was still on the door. I went to the front desk and was told that housekeeping leaves at 11am. WHAT? I have never stayed in a hotel in my life where housekeeping leaves at 11am! He went to our room and at least took the garbabe out. The 4th morning we left the room at the same time and we were hopeful that the room would be cleaned. We returned to find fresh towels but no clean sheets!!! The stain from my daughter was still in the bed!! As if this is not enough the beds were the worst beds I have ever slept in and I have traveled my entire life. My husband and I had to sleep in separate beds because each of them were so uncomforatable. The room is ok with tube tv's and mediocre decore. This hotel was a dissapointment and could be so much better.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family