“Great for breakfast and lunch”
Review of Union Cafe

Union Cafe
Ranked #22 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: This cafe opened in 2012
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Friendly staff serves well prepared dishes, and will accommodate you if you would like substitution of a side item. Reasonable prices and a bottomless coffee cup.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch here and have recommended it to friends who are now regulars.
Came with a group of coworkers for lunch one day and we were all pleased with the meal and service.
I ordered the Greek salad. It was fresh, and beautiful, with large slabs of feta cheese. So, so good! The cheese was far more than I could eat, especially at lunch.
The atmosphere is bright, clean, and cheerful. Prices are good and it's obvious the owners take a lot of pride in their restaurant.
One tip to the owners: Get rid of the TV on the wall. It's distracting when we're dining and it's the one thing pulling the atmosphere down. I know it's the hip thing, but seriously, you don't need it. Just because lame-O Applebees has TV doesn't mean you need to.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

1st time at this establishment. Great service, great food, friendly and accommodating waitstaff. My friend and I were so comfortable, we overstayed. Cafe closes 2p on Sundays and we were not aware. We lingered until 3p, realized the closing time and apologized. Never once during this time did the staff advise us were past closing time.

As far as double take deals, pjglf10 would have been able to get the money back from double take deals because the Cafe refused to honor.

As a small business owner, I have used these deal sites to promote my business.

I recommend Union Cafe as a go to place.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stopped here for breakfast and were pleased with the food, prices and service. We noticed how everything was spotlessly clean including the bathroom. This is a cute cafe that is definitely worth trying.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

The breakfast food was excellent, the service was quick and friendly and the price is right. We were dining with a Double Take deal and this was our first visit to the this establishment. When it came time to pay the bill, we were told that the Union Cafe was not honoring the certificate because they had gotten too many of them. The certificate actually expired today (8/12/13 and on 8/10/13 they decided to stop honoring them. To us, this was inappropriate and inexcusable. For those of you who don't know what a Double Take deal is, this is something that is offered through the Clipper Magazine and it is a certificate that is typically purchased for 1/2 of the face value. In this instance the face value was $20, we paid $10. Establishments participate in these types of deals so that they can increase they clientele. Had it not been for the Double Take deal, we would not even know that this wonderful establishment existed. We feel it was poor business and will definitely hesitate to return.

1  Thank pjglf10

Been to Union Cafe? Share your experiences!