All reviewsindoor poolmake your own waffleslate at nightyogurtroom keyrotterdamdinerkeysrefrigeratordeskmotel
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Due to high demand in Cooperstown, we were forced to stay in Schenectady. Everything was a far drive from where we were staying. The Quality Inn made up for it though. The staff was wonderful, the rooms clean and the breakfast plentiful. There were a microwave and fridge in the room for convenience. I would totally recommend that you stay here if you are close by. It's just a few minutes off the highway and easily reached.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Traveling and it was time to stop. Looked on line and stayed here. Nice folks, clean and great value. Some times your afraid to stop at a place because the price is to low so you think the place is bad. Well this place is good and a great value.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My first visit to Rotterdam was for a wedding and most of the party stayed in this Quality Inn. I sprung for the Suite for an additional twenty bucks. Stay with the regular room, the suite is larger with a pull out sleeper couch and two makeup/prep areas. It is quieter as they are at the end of the hall. I am not sure if the whirlpool tub is standard in a room but it was a nice touch. The bathroom was a little small but effective. We went for a visit and when we returned the AC was pumping out hot air. I went to the front desk and it was fixed within a half an hour. The AC was great from then on. It poured more that once during our two night stay. There was a leak which resulted in a pool of water on the window sill which resulted in a musty odor. I again told the front desk and was told, yes they were aware of the problem. It was not fixed before we left from our two day stay. The hotel was under construction and these things can happen..just be aware, it did not ruin our stay.
The hotel was clean, the indoor pool fine, the staff was always helpful and greeted you every time you passed them in the hall. The internet was available in the lobby and I used it daily, information was freely dispensed and the breakfast buffet was really one of the best. Coffee was always available and good, the breakfast buffet had make your own waffles, cereal choices, juices, doughnuts, bagels, sausage, scrambled eggs, different kinds of bread and toast, yogurt and a very efficient breakfast bar set up. Parking is free, safe and available at three different entrances, two of which are locked overnight.The location is convenient to shopping, pizza, food, liquor and a roller rink.

Room Tip: A corner suite will cost you another twenty a night...splurge
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017

Comfortable room and responsive staff to a few replacement items. Realize they are undergoing work, but it seemed well kept for all that. We stayed three nights and were quite happy. Not a fancy neighborhood, but we had no problems. Several good places to eat close by. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I called directly to make my reservation for the night of May 25 as we were traveling. When we arrived, the hotel was under construction and it was in a bad section of town but we paid the overpriced amount of $99 a night. Upon arriving home 3 days later, I discovered that my credit card was used to run up over a $400 bill on flowers and candy. My credit card traced it back to the hotel and took care of the fraud charges but when I called the hotel itself to let them know what happened and to maybe watch their employees, I was treated horribly and was told "whatever" and to basically get over it. BEWARE of this hotel !!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Nisha S, General Manager at Quality Inn Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Dear Guest,

We take credit card fraud very seriously. I regret to hear your credit card information was compromised. I understand you were travelling and it seems your identity may have been compromised anywhere. As per our conversation, I asked if you had the sender or recipient information of the flowers and candy to investigate the matter further. You informed me this information is private and the floral company cannot divulge it. Employees at the hotel do not have access to complete credit card numbers. Furthermore, each employee at this hotel has been employed with us for at least 3 years or longer and we have not encountered an issue like this. Once again, we do take this very seriously and offer any help to find a resolution.