“Blue Ribbon”

Blue Ribbon Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 296 Restaurants in Schenectady
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Vast menu, offering the best in traditional American fare, Italian, and Mediterranean dishes. Also well known for our Broiled Seafood selections, Hand-Breaded Fish w/ Macaroni and Cheese, Hand Breaded Fried Clam Strips, and signature Greek Dishes. A variety of specials are also made by our Chef daily. All soups, sauces, gravies, are made on premises daily. Full bakery also on premises featuring cakes, pies, flavored cheesecakes and other pastries. Winner of several first place awards for our Cheesecake, hence the name "Blue Ribbon"! Newly renovated state of the art kitchen. Recently remodeled exterior, including spacious lobby with automatic doorways for easy handicap accessibility. Ample parking. Four entryways provide easy access to premises. Total restaurant capacity 220. We can accomodate large parties. Reserveration not required but recommended for parties of 6 or more. Fast and friendly service is our forte, please come and see for yourself!
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I have been going to the Blue Ribbon for over 25 years. This should in itself say a lot about this place. They have their own baker on staff that make the most delicious deserts eat in or take home.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

A couple years ago I was The Blue Ribbon and got a breaded chicken cutlet dinner for $11.99 that, for me, was so bad that the only thing I ate totally was the salad. It was then that I gave up on this restaurant as there was a couple other border line meals.
This winter, after a theater performance we stopped for a breakfast, as hopefully they could do that right. Service was minimal, but breakfast was OK. The last trip up, besides having to wave several times for coffee refills etc, the hamburger I ordered medium came out dry as a bone done. I ate two bites and quit. Between the later evening, less than average service, and the inability to get run of the mill decent food, I will never return here.
Applebee's is open later, so are several of the fast food places.

2  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great family place. Good food, big portions and fast service. Desserts are very good as well. That is, if you have room.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It doesn't matter when you frequent this establishment it is always well attended. I have been there many times on different days and at different times of the day. It has always been consistent in great food quality, large selection,reasonable prices, and large portions. It appears the staff has been there for a long while and does not appear to have a great turnover in staff. Translation, if they are happy, you will be happy! I have never had a bad meal here and the desserts are to die for! Service has always been timely even when it seems very crowded. You can not go wrong here at any age or group size. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

First off the food is number 1 in my books. The staff is so friendly and they really make you feel comfortable. Always enjoy going to the Blue Ribbon!!