“Good time while we wait for the train!”

Katie O'Byrnes Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 283 Restaurants in Schenectady
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Good time while we wait for the train!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We were 45 min. early for our amtrak train back to NYC. Place looked inviting so we headed in. Thought beer selection would be larger for an Irish Pub. House wine did the trick and wings were alright. If you want them hot, order extra hot then! Atmosphere was excellent! Inviting interior and nice outside patio. Worth the stop.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MichelleKplus1

Delmar, New York
“Best Corned Beef & Cabbage Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Although my wife and I dine here every 3 to 4 weeks, tonight was the Best Meal we have ever had there. We both ordered the Corned Beef & Cabbage Special and found it to be the best we have ever eaten! If I ever dine in Ireland or Heaven I expect the Corned Beef & Cabbage to taste like it did this evening. Perfectly cooked, the right amount of Corned Beef, Cabbage, potatoes and carrots and a serving of Home Made Irish Soda Bread. The service as always was attentive and helpful. When asked what I would like for desert, I said another plate of Corned Beef and Cabbage. I didn't have one of course but it was that good that I wanted more. The folks that run the place are first rate! We have been going there for years and will continue to do so!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mike R
Albany, NY
“Fun Place for Lunch, Open/Bright, Excellent Food/Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I really love Katie O'Byrnes Restaurant! The food, atmosphere and service are great! I especially love the open floor plan and the many large windows that make the place bright, even on a cloudy day. The food was excellent & I've been back again many times. My favorites are the Salmon BLT, Donnelly Turkey Grille, The Katies Classic Burger or the Veggie Burger.

The staff members are all very friendly and the service is always spot on, fast/efficient. I love when I get off an Amtrak train and have some time before my ride picks me up. Often it is too early to visit on my way to NYC or DC, so I make it a point to stop after my train arrives back in SDY.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank STEBAY711
Schenectady, New York
“Trip to Katies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I walk by this place a lot and have been inside a few times. Great location right by the Amtrak Station and within walking distance of Proctors among other places.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank JamesTaft
“best go-to restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I love Katie's! The food & atmosphere are great! I was alone one evening & chose this place to dine. It's casual & friendly & I felt comfortable. The food was awesome & I've been back again several times. I suggest the buffalo chicken wrap.

• Visited February 2014