All reviews vale park amtrak station value for the money room was clean and comfortable murphy
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Last week we stayed a night at the Days Inn in Schnectady NY. We got a very friendly reception and a beautiful room. The room was spacious and had a nice bed. In the morning we got a delicious breakfast. An other niece feature of this hotel is that it is not situated in a suburb but in walking distance of down town.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2018

Thank you for your review of our Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady! We do appreciate all reviews; especially from our satisfied guests! With comments such as yours, our entire staff can feel satisfied they are accomplishing the goal of making the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady as clean and comfortable as we feel it should be to our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!!

Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, but that is the only upside. The rooms were not only very outdated but they were not clean. The toilets had black rings around them, the bathtubs were dirty, there were cigarette burns in the floor and bed in my co workers room and the place smells moldy and musty. We ended up cutting our trip short to come home from a business trip.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. We appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and it does appear in some areas we have failed to meet your expectations. For these items, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

Door to room did not lock. Told front desk and was told that had no tools to repair it. Was not offered another room so had to leave valuables in the car. Chairs and bedding stained. My sons would not even sit down.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Debbie N, Director of Sales at Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We were tired after a hard day on the road and stopped at the first hotel we could find. The premises are a bit run down but the continental breakfast was good and we felt overall that this was a very good value for a Downtown hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review of our Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady As part of the management team at the hotel, we appreciate all reviews; both good and bad. We are making improvements and with comments such as yours, we will continue in our goal of making the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady as special as we feel it can be for our guests. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

My 99 year old Uncle passed recently and his services were held in Schenectady on 9/29/18. My wife, brother and sister-in-Law and I, we all drove up that morning to pay our last respects. Earlier that week we searched for the closest accommodations to the church where the service would be held that also was not ultra expensive. Growing up, we always stayed at Days Inn on family vacations, so I had fond memories.

Unfortunately, this place was pretty bad. It’s run down and smells kind of musty. The wall signs and door signs are in disrepair. The elevator did not inspire confidence. The 1st room I was in, the furniture was scratched up. The sink had a corner broken off and why on earth was said sink right there when you open the door?!? The room had the same musty odor. My brother’s room was larger, with a sitting area. Same musty odor, sofa and chairs seemed unclean and he walked through 3 spider webs to get to the window. We kept telling ourselves, “it’s for Uncle Ralph and it’s only for one night.

We walked to the service. We left something we needed so we came back to retrieve what we left. My door key cards didn’t work. I went to the front desk for new ones. I was told to keep them away from my cell phone, so I did. Went back and the key cards still didn’t work. Front desk person came up and let me in with a real key because his master key card didn’t work either. He declared the lock battery must be dead, that he would change them and that I could pick up the new key cards when we return from the service. When got back, we still couldn’t get in. Another front desk person let us in to get our things because we needed to move to another room. He even called the person that told us he’d change the battery a “slacker”. He was very apologetic.

We moved to the new room, which thankfully, was cleaner, but still smelled. We checked the bed very closely, but were relieved to find nothing amiss in that respect.

We slept a bit fitfully, and couldn’t wait to leave the following morning. All in all, it was not a pleasant experience. I would have thought that since these are now Wyndham properties, they would be nicer. They are not! Steer clear of this place. Some may say what do you expect for around $90/night? I expect way more! I usually stay at Courtyard by Marriott for around that same price. There is NO comparison. This place shouldn’t be more than $50/night. Wyndham, please renovate this place immediately or take your name off of it... it’s hurting your brand and it has destroyed my opinion of Days Inn.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review of the Days Inn by Wyndham Schenectady. As part of the management team at the hotel, we appreciate the time you took to let us know your feedback and we feel your stay was totally unacceptable for our new standards based on your comments. We are constantly looking for ways to improve and your comments have helped us in that respect. We have made many improvements to the hotel which include new furnishings as well as painting and plan to do more with this new information. For our shortcomings, we sincerely apologize. With comments and feedback from our valued guests, we will work harder to improve and show we can meet and exceed all of your expectations. Hope you give us another opportunity soon!