“Great Value - Super nice owner”
Review of Blue Ridge Motel

Blue Ridge Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Schroon Lake
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I stayed at the Blue Ridge this year with my hiking group, as we did last year. I came back because this is a good, clean motel and I really appreciated the owner's kindness.
Basically, we stayed over Sunday night for a hike on Monday. After finishing our hike, the owner let us return to the motel at 10pm, take showers, and have dinner in his common area, before leaving back home, and he didn't charge us at for it. He even provided us with fresh towels for our showers. He is just a really nice guy who takes good care of his property. It isn't 5 stars, of course, but offers good value. I recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I had a pleasant experience when I stayed at the blue ridge motel. The owner and staff were very pleasant and accommodating to say the least. My room was clean, my bed was comfortable and I slept great with no complaints! I loved the Trails out back and the wildlife i saw while hiking. It's not very often you find nice, outgoing people that will do anything in their power to help you out if need be. I would recommend this motel to anyone. it is a nice place to stay, and the owner and staff made me feel at home. I see some of the other reviews of some other people on here and maybe they should have stayed at the Ritz Carylton and dished out a ton of money if this place was not up to their high end standards... I say this is a great place for normal people. Excellent work blue ridge! Keep up the good work

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Jasonboise
Reviewed 17 April 2013

nice place the people there are very friendly and helpful. our room had a nice little flat screen tv an the dish worked great along with the wifi. rooms were clean an heater worked great. had a mini fridge an microwave which was nice. our room had 2 double beds in it the bathroom is on the small side but the hot water works very very well. no pool tho was removed sadly. would stay again its nice to know the place your gonna stay is clean.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

If all you want is a place to sleep and shower you'll be ok. Beds are NOT great. Rooms were clean. Internet spotty. You'll want to plan breakfast someplace else also. There is a fridge and microwave in the room but no coffee maker. The water is probably from a well and tastes bad! Pool??? We never found it. TV Dish works fine. If you book on-line be sure to have your confirmation and price quoted. There was an attempt to change the price that was confirmed in our booking. Once we produced the paperwork it was honored.

Room Tip: If I stayed here again, I'd ask to see the room and check the beds for comfort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Terrible beds, 1970's style interiors, complimentary breakfast was a joke. Owners are nice, pool is nice, loud donkey on property is funny, but price should be lower for this type of below average facility.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank wizardinfo
Jerry R, Owner at Blue Ridge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

This room there was a do not disturb sign in their door. When they came back that evening they came to the office I offered to come down and service their room and give them the items that they needed.

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Wasn't too sure when we checked in here. First impression was a large, yellowish stain on the bedspread. When we told the office, they immediately apologized and replaced all bedding for us. Bathroom is small, only a shower stall, no tub. Television offered DISH network, however, it appeared to be the least package available. Limited choices on the tube. Box springs and mattress needed replaced, both were visibly worn, not too comfortable. Office staff was very friendly, accomdating. Still working on the building, but glad to see some life come back into this area. Hope they got to upgrade beds, carpet, and bathrooms soon!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NevadaCowgirl
Reviewed 13 October 2009

Whenever we go away, we tend to spend all day out of the hotel and just use it for sleeping and showering. A no frills room is fine for us. That's just what this was. When we checked in, we got a recommendation for dinner at a local restaurant named Drake's. The food was fantastic there.

We got into the room and there was 2 double beds and a tiny bathroom. It was recently renovated a bit and smelled of bleach so they'd obviously cleaned thoroughly before putting us in. The room was chilly so we turned the heater on. It was a bit fussy and took some playing with to get it to work. Included in the price was free wifi and Dish Network. The TV was an older model, not a flat panel. There was also a little fridge and microwave in the room which we used for keeping a couple bottles of water and a bottle of wine we picked up on Saturday after a tasting.

The co-owner told me when I checked in that there was a free continental breakfast. That consisted of setting out a coffee pot with coffee, stocking the little fridge with juices, and setting out muffins. The muffins were good, though.

If you're looking for luxury when you stay somewhere, you may want to shell out the extra cash and stay at Fort William Henry. But if you're looking for someplace just to stash your stuff, sleep and shower, this is the spot for you.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Chestertown
Super 8 Ticonderoga
Super 8 Ticonderoga
#2 of 6 in Ticonderoga

Been to Blue Ridge Motel? Share your experiences!