“Stay FAR AWAY from Catfish Max - TERRIBLE!!”
Review of Catfish Max - CLOSED

Catfish Max
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stay AWAY from Catfish Max! Amy (the owner) and her staff, especially Regina are VERY RUDE & NASTY! Besides the fact that they changed chefs and the quality and taste of the food is not the same – NOT as good anymore but they are just NOT nice there at all! We were there celebrating a 60th birthday and my 2 young children were there. My 1 year old daughter made a bit of a mess on the floor…some crumbs from the bread she was eating and some Gerber Puffs fell – nothing major that a broom wouldn’t pick up in 30 seconds of sweeping. Anyway, after we ate our meal Regina and looks at the floor and says wow! That is bad and my mother (who’s birthday we were celebrating) who was the only one at the table at the time besides my 1 year old daughter so she said to Regina it’s not that bad but don’t worry we will pick it all up before we leave and she said with a really bad attitude no that is really bad and not acceptable and walked away. Regina then came back with a really nasty attitude and said you need to move this child away from me now as she came over with some little rinky dink broom I said to her are kidding me in the middle of our meal? They are about to bring us our dessert right now and we are going to sing Happy Birthday to her. She proceeded to sweep the floor anyway right there at our table while the waitress was standing there with our desserts and my mothers cake with a lit candle in it! Regina truly a heartless, nasty, selfish, inconsiderate animal and deserves to have something like this happen to her to see what it would feel like AND loose her job! So I said um, excuse me can you please stop this is very rude and she said no I need to clean the floor now – too bad! We waited a few minutes while she continued to sweep the floor and of course she spitefully took her time. It also took her much longer because she had this little rinky dink reject broom…had she had a normal regular size broom it would have taken her 30 seconds, at the MOST! The waitress then proceeded to give my mother the cake anyway while Regina continued to sweep and I said, “How appropriate let’s take a picture of her and the birthday cake with Regina in front of us sweeping” and she still didn’t even move. This is NOT the type of service you are supposed to get anywhere…probably not even McDonalds would allow their staff to do that but definitely NOT a restaurant especially where the bill was $250!!! We made the mistake of paying cash otherwise I would have most certainly disputed it with my credit card company. I would have made an issue of it right then and there but because it was my mother’s birthday and she had already ruined it I didn’t want to make things any worse then she already made then…she really ruined our evening! This was supposed to be special – it was her 60th Birthday dinner! So, I called the next day and asked for Amy (the owner) and left a message but no return call. I also called her at her other Seaford location which is Crabby Amy’s and again no call back. 3 days later I left another message for her! Again, no call back. On the 5th day I called again and asked if she has a manager. I was then transferred to Mary (the manager) and I explained the whole situation. She told me that Regina’s behavior was unacceptable and that she would speak to Amy and one of them would call me back the next day. But of course, no call back! I again, left a few messages for both her and Amy. I finally got a call back from Amy who claimed she got the message but I must have given them the wrong number because she had the wrong telephone number for me so I said really? All NINE of the messages I left you I gave the wrong number. They LIE! Anyway she basically said okay that was wrong but what do you want me to do? I never heard this about Regina before. So I said to her are kidding me the people behind us even gasped when they saw what she was doing and said to us I can’t believe how rude and they even said this will be the last time they see us here. I just can’t believe the attitude I got from her too! I guess the staff follows by example from the owner and manager. So Amy told me she would speak to Regina and call me back within 1-2 days (although I don’t understand why she needed to speak to her…isn’t the customer always right?) but sure enough now 2 weeks later and NO CALL BACK! I usually never write reviews but for this terrible situation I needed to take the time to express how terrible they were to us and what kind of place this restaurant, the owner and the staff are.

Also, the scallops were old, extremely overpriced and very poor quality. The raw clams which are also very overpriced had A LOT of sand in them and the baked clams – again very overpriced were very salted and A LOT of sand.

Catfish Max is NOT a good place and I definitely do NOT recommend anyone go there especially based on this last experience.

TERRIBLE!!!

Wouldn't send my worst enemy there!

2  Thank Terrible C

Reviewed 6 July 2012

Ate there for my wife's birthday recently. Horrible experience. Air cond. was barely noticible-felt like we were eating near the equator...Waitress appeared drunk and kept repeating how "great" the food was... Prices were exorbitant for the small portions. Overall a BAD experience, and no intention of going there ever again.

Reviewed 30 June 2012

We've eaten many times at Catfish Max. The clams oreganatta appetizer were amazing! The menu includes both fresh fish and meat dishes. Each is presented beautifully and taste delicious.
Outside seating is available as well as boat slips since the restaurant is on a canal. Service was attentive and the atmosphere is casual.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Maybe we caught them on an off night, but this place was horrible. When I called to make a reservation there was nothing available outside but the woman said we could have a table in the palour. The palour turned out to be the bar. It was 7 on a Saturday night and the bar was packed with standing drunk people. It was also freezing and dark.

The menu looked absolutely amazing, so many options. It looked better than it was. The Prince Edward Islamd mussels were small and the sauce was mediocre. The calamari was very very salty - the dipping sauces were good. The snapper stuffed with crab was okay - also salty.

The service was bad. After our food was served we waited for about ten minutes trying to find our waitress to ask for water. In the meantime a customer (I think) who appeared inebriated offered to get us more water - only she took our old glasses fingers inside them and left . In the meantime our waitress appeared and said the wait for water would be awhile since there were no glasses available. At this point the drunk customer/waitress came back with water in dirty looking glasses. So gross - and this was my no means an inexpensive meal.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

If you enjoy seafood, this is your place. The seafood is perfectly cooked & prepared. Visited here many, many times and never had a disappointing meal!