“Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017

As you can tell I was certainly surprised. We went here for a Birthday celebration and at first I was skeptical. I thought, Hmmmm a tavern...not my first choice, so let's see what they have. When we pulled up, I originally thought Uh Ohhhhh NO! When we walked it, YEP it was a tavern alright! With a party as large as ours we took up the whole middle of the room. Oh well...I took a look at the wine list - SURPRISE #1 - they have a very nice wine list, not too extensive but do-able - Great JOB! We then took a look at the menu - SURPRISE #2 - Also not extensive but very nice selection of not your typical Tavern Menu and spectacular specials. We had 14 people in our party and I can tell you our waitress (darn I wish I wrote her name down) was spectacular. I ordered the salmon with butternut squash, my husband the filet with Blue cheese and our daughter in law the Lamb - I would go on but it would take up so much room on here. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner. The service was spot on! I only gave very good because the appetizers were not very good. The mushrooms were not very tasty and the calamari was way over done. So other than that - great job!

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

I have only been here twice, both for meeting in December of 15, and 16. But if you want some Amazing Food, this place should not be a blip on your map. A country feel to the restaurant and it's decor. We were a party of 8, with diverse tastes. Try the deep fried string beans with Wasabi sauce for an appetizer to start with, all I can say is Yum. I had the full rack of ribs this time, and Nancy had the scallops, both Amazing and filling. The wait staff exceptional, and the food would think, you would think you were Royalty. I have to remember next time to save room for desert lol. I already cannot wait to go back. If your a foodie, this is a must stop!

Reviewed 20 August 2016

Been there more than a couple of times, close to home. My last meal was actually a surprise, better than average. I had scallop dinner, done very well. Had steamed clams, which needed a better cleaning, get tired of eating sand. The place could use an overhaul; good cleaning and better decor. The food is really hit n miss type. So take your chance, you might be surprised.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I saw the positive reviews and tried this restaurant tonight. So glad I did! First, let me just say, our server, Deb, Was THE BEST server I've had ... and I've had a lot! She was attentive, but not up your butt trying to move you out. She had an ease to her and told us a wonderful story about the ocean that I'll never forget! I can't say enough about her!

The place does NOT look like much, but the food is amazing with prices that are great. I am SO picky about buffalo wings after living near Buffalo, NY, but these were THE BEST I've ever eaten since then. Crisp and NOT mushy with a fresh, perfect mild sauce.

Steak was beautifully cooked and seasoned, according to my companion. Hell, even the fries were amazing!

My haddock dinner was good and the drinks were a huge size, but not watered down. A definite five stars and Deb is a big part of that!

Reviewed 4 May 2016 via mobile

If you're looking for a good meal at a good price, this is the place. Nothing fancy but there's a great menu and always good features. The service is very good. The specialty is steak but I had the linguini in red clam sauce which was excellent.