“Needs a good wash....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of New York House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sharon Springs
New York House Bed & Breakfast
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“Needs a good wash....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We stayed here one night in July because we like Sharon Springs and especially The Black Cat Bakery and Cafe down the street. We arrived to a friendly greeting, but it was all down-hill from there. The place was just plain dirty (including remnants of a prior occupant on our toilet seat) and musty. Stairwells looked like they hadn't been vac'd in months, and the otherwise lovely front porch had layers of dust and dirty chairs. Our room was stuffed with way too much furniture,much of it in poor condition. AC was a small window box not more than three feet from the bed. Breakfast consisted of some plastic containers of ordinary cereal, some unwashed grocery store fruit, tags still on, in a plastic mixing bowl, and the worst muffins I have ever tasted. All too bad because the property has the potential to be quite nice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
156 Thank jww1075

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Palmyra, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

My wife and I were on our way to New Hampshire to visit friends and stayed at the New York House on a tip from the American Hotel which was full. Good tip! We had the owners, Kelly and Bruce, to ourselves, as the other guests were all going to the opera at Glimmerglass. Hope we didn't bore them to death. They were very gracious and knowledgeable about the town history which is fascinating. Amazing what they;ve done in the short time they've owned the B&B.
Kelly's home baked breakfast goodies were also amazing. Next stay in Sharon Springs will be at the New York House.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank artelting
Moraga, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I was in town for business nearby. Small hotels do not always have work areas in the rooms. The New York House had free wifi and a small table in the dining room (near an electric outlet) where I could work without feeling in the way. My room was nice with an air conditioner (important the week I was there), a comfortable bed and space to spread out my things in the bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised that a bed and breakfast hotel worked out so well for me on a business trip.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank JGailK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

Great , quiet location near rest aurants and shops

• Stayed April 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Levittonw, PA 19054
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2006

We arrived at the New Yorker Guest house after travelling for five hours. I had put down a 50% deposit for the two nights. WE were in town for a wedding at the beautiful Clausen Farms. I had previously communicated with the owners of the NY Geust House that I had a multiple chemical sensitivity and have asthma. When I walked into the parlor I could smell msut and saw that they had old cushioned chairs in the room...I knew I could not breathe in this room. Upstairs the rooms did not smell "real" fresh either.

I told them I coudl not stay at this B & B but they would not refun my money and I found them not to be very customer service oriented.

Also on the block there are buildings with boarded up widnows. It looks like they are trying to bring back a depresssed area.

I have a bad taste in my mouth for Sharon Springs now and would not recommend anyone go there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Air quality
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid this B & B
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
175 Thank mykindofplace
SpaCityHouse, Owner at New York House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 24 June 2011
This review was submitted over 4 years ago when it was under different ownership. Since the un-timely death of the former owner, the property was in an estate for 4 years and not open for business. My wife Kelly and I have completely re-painted and re-furnished the property and feature the most luxurious beds, towels and sheets that you wil find anywhere.
We officially opened for business in May of 2011 and have been exteremely busy and have guests that have already booked future stays with us. To me , that says a lot about their experience!
Come see us in beautiful Sharon Springs and enjoy the welcome you will receive from all of the people and businesse in the community. We have great shops and restaurants within walking distance of our property.

Travellers are raving about these Sharon Springs hotels

BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Countryside Inn
Countryside Inn
#1 of 1 in Richmondville

Been to New York House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!