I stayed here after Labor Day for a quick getaway - I saw the voucher on Living Social and decided to give it a shot, even though I'd never been out to Shelter Island. The Pridwin is old and sometimes shows its age, but I would definitely say it has a lot of charm. The rooms are cozy - no luggage rack, which was odd, but the bathroom was updated and VERY VERY nice. Breakfast on Tuesday was very sumptuous and we couldn't believe how great it was. Wednesday marked the beginning of the off season so it was more continental but still delightful. The fresh squeezed orange juice is to die for. Breakfast overlooking the bay between Shelter Island and Greenport was divine.
I found the staff to be very helpful and accommodating. When the room wasn't ready at 3 PM check in, we just took the time to explore the island. The woman at the desk gave us free drinks which we enjoyed later that day on the patio. That was nice of her.
I would stay here again, especially if the updates to the hotel are continuing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pridwin Hotel is an iconic Shelter Island hotel on Crescent Beach, Shelter Island. With 40 rooms, 9 cottages, private pool, beach, docks for boating and a restaurant and bar overlooking the bay, the Pridwin is a small resort with many amenities for a relaxing escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Pridwin Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pridwin Shelter Island
- Pridwin Hotel Shelter Island
- The Pridwin Hotel Shelter Island, Hamptons