“Slow service. Ok food. Amazing caipirinhas!”
Review of Salt

Salt
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Me and my girlfriends liked Salt. We where there for both lunch and dinner. I liked the staff, the view, the marina, the casual setting, the cool indoors, the fun deck: Salt is cute.
Grilled Romaine a must; the artichoke was a simple yet interesting concept; fish tacos are ok; the lobster roll is great; the fried calamari where too intense and over fried; the lobster mac is ok; and the hamburger was way to overcooked. The desserts sounded delicious but they where not good at all when we got to try them. I am just going to say that they tasted and looked like pre-made wholesale desserts: stale crusts and chemical flavors. Correct me if I am wrong please. We had 5 desserts and none where appetizing.
Having drinks at Salt at their outside bar is a fun experience. The crowd is fun and the bartenders are really friendly. The CAIPIRINHAS are the BOMB!! Best I have had since my travels through south america many years ago.
Would I recommend Salt? Yes, come and try the caipirinhas (I wont stop talking about them!) and hope you dont get there on peak hour otherwise service will be poor and take forever.

I hope this review helps both travelers and Salt Restaurant.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

The four of us were expecting the dinner to be as nice as the setting.
The fluke fish for $28 was terribly dry and overcooked. Two of us had the same fish and
told the waitress who really did not seem to care. We expected someone from the kitchen
or even the manager to come by to even offer us a drink or dessert on the house.My husband's
burger and $16 salad was terrible too.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Thought the food was very good hog wings were amazing . The atmosphere at the shipwreck casual and laid back. Also beautiful waterviews

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I went this summer twice to Salt, the firs time with my wife and we had some drinks at the bar and the specials for dinner. We waited 35 minutes to have or plates served, the food was great but the long wait really makes me anxious.

The second time we went with family and friends (6 people) and we waited 45 minutes for hamburgers and sodas.!!! Everybody asked the meet to be medium well and we had well done, super dry..!!

Really disappointed and I am not sure If I'll be back there.

1  Thank marcelonyc
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Went to Salt with my family in June 2014. It was a cool evening and we were given a table outside close to the door so there was a constant stream of people going in and out. The service was ok, forgot one part of the order, but was very friendly. The food was grilled American style, so everything was burnt. Now I like my food well done but not burnt. My daughter had corn and it was so grilled, there was no yellow color. We didn't have dessert as we were too cold. It seems to be a popular place because it is a marina. Prices were similar to other restaurants on Shelter Island.