“Great night”
Review of Vine Street Cafe

Vine Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Vine Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Bolton Landing, New York
“Great night”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Went on a Monday evening in September....risky. We were not disappointed. Dinner was great, service was great,. Not a cheap night... But the setting was wonderful, good selection of wines, and no one hurried us out. Thought the steak was pricey...in the end it was worth every penny. A wonderful night.

Visited September 2013

Deer Park, New York
“A True Delight!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We celebrated our 25th Anniversary at Vine Street Cafe and were very impressed! Decor was simple, yet charming. I asked the host if he could possibly sit us at a secluded table in the corner that was not yet set up for dinner. He was more than accommodating and extremely courteous. Our waitress was attentive and sweet. We had the Crispy calamari as our appetizer which was extremely tasty. For dinner, I had the grilled Miso glazed Salmon which was beyond compare, most likely the best salmon I have ever eaten! My husband had the blackened swordfish which was simply delicious. The portions were generous and satisfying. For dessert we split a warm pear and raspberry torte with ice cream that was sinful, but so worth it! Overall, this restaurant was outstanding and exceptional. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Shelter Island.

• Visited September 2013
Great Neck, New York
“Wonderful restaurant and wonderful food.”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We loved this restaurant would have been happy to return but unfortunately we had to go home. There is a good selection of choices for food here. I had a spicy pasta with sea food and zucchini which was wonderful. My husband had swordfish with mashed potatoes and spinach all of which were excellent. I would recommend this restaurant highly.

Visited September 2013
Hamptons. NY
“A cafe? I don't think so.”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Perhaps you've had the feeling that you should have ordered the other person's choice? As I watched my pal devouring his New York strip steak (a stiff $51 plate) while I ferreted among my moules frites, I wondered whether the extra twenty bucks for his dish was worth it. The mussels were perfectly okay, although the frites seemed a bit tired. But a sneaky bite of the steak told me I'd erred. Other friends gave rave reviews to the heirloom bean salad and the roast beets appetizer. My appetizer of North Fork tomato salad on a bed of mozzarella was pretty fine, too. Tuna tartare and a shrimp ceviche earned medium marks. Drinks were smoothly delivered: $60 for four cocktails at the bar and $100 for eight glasses of wine at the table. The total evening, without service, came in at $93.00 per head. Worth it? Almost.

• Visited August 2013
Thank makoHamptons.NY
London, United Kingdom
“Elegant local fare”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We really enjoyed this cosy restaurant. Huge emphasis on local produce such as delicious seafood and seasonal vegetables. Extensive local wines and charming service. Decor is polished rustic. Not the cheapest meal we had but portions were generous and quality reflected price. I recommend the linguine with seafood and courgette, still dreaming about it now!

• Visited August 2013