“Great service, great food, and great atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Rome, New York
“Great service, great food, and great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have been coming to this restaurant for many years and decided to finally write a review on it. This place is one of my absolute favorite spots to go to. The staff there is always friendly and welcoming, and I have never had a bad meal here!! The atmosphere itself is so warm and makes you feel right at home. The staff and the owners are eager to make sure you are having a good dining experience and are always very kind. I really enjoy their Reuben, the Fish Fry and they have great salads! I love coming to this spot and have made some great memories there with my family and friends.

• Visited December 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

My grandmother and mother were so excited to go to Ebeneezer's for the fish fry. My father made reservations and they were very accommodating with my grandmother's wheelchair, but that's really where the goodness ended. It took a really long time to get drinks and salads. The menu said we would get a bread basket, but that didn't come until we were halfway through our meal and we asked for it. We had all heard rave reviews on the fish fry and were looking forward to it. The skin was left on the haddock, leaving it oily and very fishy tasting. The batter wasn't light and fluffy like you would expect of a good fry, instead kind of chewy and not particularly flavorful. Dessert was pretty good, our table tried the bread pudding and the cream pie. Both generous portions, the bread pudding is definitely the better of the two. Our service was lackluster, with very long stretches when we didn't see our waitress. I was going to skip the review since they were so nice in seating us, but on the way out, my grandmother spoke to the owner about the fish. She asked what was different, because the fish fry wasn't as good as it is normally. Instead of apologizing, or showing deference to my grandmother, the owner got quite defensive, almost to the point of attitude in her answer to say nothing has changed. She lost my grandmother, and her friends, as customers with her demeanor.

Visited October 2013
Boise, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

this small café in Sherrill new York has one of the best fish dinner I have every had. If you go to Sherrill make sure you stop and have a meal at Ebeneezer's Café & Creamery

Visited August 2013
“Great memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

I ate here twice this month. Whenever I visited my Aunt Rosemary and Uncle Stanley, we ate lunch at Ebeneezer's. I love there salads. My mom and uncle Stanley always get the Evan sandwich. They love it. While my aunt can no longer join us, fond memories surround me at this restaurant.

Visited August 2013
earlville, ny
“wonderful place!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

we have eaten lunch here a few times. It is always a great meal. The place is spotless! The waitresses are very friendly and you are never rushed. Even when it is busy which is often-there is never a long wait, maybe 5 minutes. The food is fresh!! Can't beat the sandwiches or soup and sandwich combo. Wait staff always have good recommendations. Desserts!! MMMM!! We love this place!

• Visited July 2013